Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Budget Limited or Exhausted

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

For one of my Campaign I am using keywords in exact match and I am getting error message
as Budget Limited or Exhausted, while I haven't got any click in this campaign. My Daily budget
is also good as compare to CPC amount and using accelerated delivery method.
What can I do for such keywords to run my Ads ?

Thanks
Puneet

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author puneetdceengg
September 2015

Re: Budget Limited or Exhausted

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have no refference for this formula,it is just common sense , everywhere I go to buy "a lot" with "very little money" it is just not possible. Your budget affords "half of a click" for all keywords as it is currently set, and there is no such thing like buying "half of a click" . You can either pause many of those keywords and start with 1-2 keywords or increase the daily budget.

If you put those keywords in the Keyword planner, the Traffic estimates Box with your daily budget and your MaxCPC how many clicks does it estimate ? Here is the tool :

get-traffic-estimates.png

I think the message "limited by budget" appears if your keywords have less than 10% impression share. Please also add the columns "Search Impression share" . Read more from here about tracking impression share : link

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

How many keywords are there in this campaign , at what Max. CPC and if you multiply (keywords x MaxCPC) how many clicks do you afford in the Budget ?

For example you could have a MaxCPC of 0.5 $ x 1000 exact match keyword = 500 $ estimate if each of the keywords receive at least a click and if your budget is 40$ per day, you afford less than 10% of that 500$ estimate.

You can try pausing some of the keywords or increasing the daily budget and making an automated rule to pause the campaign if a certain cost is accrued during the day. For example you could have a daily budget of 100$ but an automated rule to stop the spending when the cost is 30$.

Another cause that prevents ads from appearing often is the quality score. What are the quality scores of those keywords and do you use extensions in this campaign ( locaiton, sitelinks, call ext. ) ?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your early reply. I am using 22 keywords in that campaign with Max CPC of Rs50 and Daily Budget as Rs400.
So, according to you if I will increase my Daily budget to Rs1100(22x50), then I will be able to
to run Ads on all the keywords in my Campaign ?

Also if you can please provide me any reference url for this formula it will be very helpful.

Thanks
Puneet
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author puneetdceengg
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have no refference for this formula,it is just common sense , everywhere I go to buy "a lot" with "very little money" it is just not possible. Your budget affords "half of a click" for all keywords as it is currently set, and there is no such thing like buying "half of a click" . You can either pause many of those keywords and start with 1-2 keywords or increase the daily budget.

If you put those keywords in the Keyword planner, the Traffic estimates Box with your daily budget and your MaxCPC how many clicks does it estimate ? Here is the tool :

get-traffic-estimates.png

I think the message "limited by budget" appears if your keywords have less than 10% impression share. Please also add the columns "Search Impression share" . Read more from here about tracking impression share : link

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
The issue here that you have relatively high bid with a low-budget...
Though an estimate (i.e not accurate) , run the bid simulator to see suggestions for bids.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Puneet,
I'd like to take a slightly different look at this issue. It will take a little while to implement, it will save you money - and means you can then relax on the amount you pay for your campaign.

Because Google charges you largely according to your click through rate. Now if you're in position #3, you'll pay the bid price of the person in #4 plus one cent (or Rupee or anna, whatever). If your click through rate is 3x that of the person at position #4, and this isn't hard given some of the advertisers out there - you pay their bid price (plus one cent) for all your traffic.

In other words, you're paying roughly 1/3 of what they're paying - plus you're soaking up more valuable traffic from that search page. And that includes the SEO of course! I know of a guy who managed to get 40% CTRs - and you can imagine what his click prices were like!

But it does take some courage and some split-testing to arrive at the best ad. It also has to speak to your customers' needs, the more direct the better. This will mean your ad's more relevant and you'll get more clicks. More clicks means less cost to be in the position you hold. Improving your ads will allow you to climb the ladder to the #1 spot where you'll not only have a substantial slice of the traffic from that page, you'll be paying a sensible amount for it too.

As I say, it does take time, it also takes cunning.