2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Broad match speciifcs

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Is is possible to have a broad match term only appear for a few terms without continually removing the unwanted ones with negative keywords? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Broad match speciifcs

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
BondiMedical3,

"Is is possible to have a broad match term only appear for a few terms without continually removing the unwanted ones with negative keywords? "

In theory yes, but in practical terms, not very likely. The broad match will pull in infinitesimal long tail search terms with every single word and misspelling in the chosen Language.

Example:
Broad Match - Red Shoes

Potential keyword terms that would trigger that keyword match choice,

My ruby red shoes size 8
What was the name of the girl in the story with red shoes.
Did Dorthy really have red shoes
Wizard of Oz shoes that looked either pink or Red.
What happen when i spill red paint on my shoes
Does the color red effect my running speed and nike shoe style.

Being creative and brainstorm in advance a negative keyword list is extremely important, and when finding terms from either Google Analytics or Adwords Keyword Report, to also brain storm like minded keywords to add to your negative list.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
The Answer is YES!

Eric Gehler gave a full details of it, so I have nothing else to say specially just without you are rock "Eric Gehler"
Cheers!!!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

In addition to spot on advice by @Eric Gehler, you can use Broad Match Modifier. More on BMM: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497702?hl=en

Thanks

Neha 

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’