AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Broad match modifier keywords competes each other?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please Help me out.. My keywords are +red +shoe, +buy +red +shoe, +buy +red +shoes. will +red +shoe compete with other keywords. if yes then will it affect my cpc. Thanks for the help in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dhiraj K
September 2015

Re: Broad match modifier keywords competes each other?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Dhiraj,

When a keyword goes into to an Ad Auction, there are multiple number of factors that are taken into account.  The CPC and Quality Score are the two primary factors.  So, in your case the problem will be that when a visitor types a search term and your Ads are liable for the auction, your Ad will be competing with your own Keywords apart from the other keywords.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Bhavin

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Good morning.

Yes, it's quite possible that these keywords will "compete" against each other in the sense of dividing the available/eligible traffic. 

However, no, this will not affect your CPC. Keywords in one account competing is not the same kind of "compete" as the ad auction. 

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply.. should I turned off rest of the keywords except "+red +shoe"? will it impact on my ad position?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dhiraj K
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Dhiraj,

When a keyword goes into to an Ad Auction, there are multiple number of factors that are taken into account.  The CPC and Quality Score are the two primary factors.  So, in your case the problem will be that when a visitor types a search term and your Ads are liable for the auction, your Ad will be competing with your own Keywords apart from the other keywords.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Bhavin

Broad match modifier keywords competes each other?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I have a similar question to Dhiraj. 

In Dhiraj's example, should the rest of the keywords except "+red +shoe" be turned off? Does having all of those variations running impact your CPC or anything else? 

Thanks!