2.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Broad match keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am getting a lot of clicks costing me a lot of money based on keywords that are annoyingly unrelated to my business. This is because of impressions based on broad matches of keywords that may have one word in common with my good keywords. How do I stop google from making impressions based on all these useless keywords based on "broad match"?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Broad match keywords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Aboucher,

First thing to stop clicks ffrom useless queries, you need to add negative keywords on regular basis. You need to run search query every three four days and weed out negative terms. It requires lot of time and also waste of money too.

I would here advice to go with Broad match modifier rather then broad match keywords. More on read broad match modifier here.

If you are using only broad match at the moment. I would advice you to test phrase and exact match types too.

With broad match modifier, phrase & exact match type keywords, you can run search query once in a week or once in 15 days and can add negatives.

I would also advice run all time search query and collect all the converted keywords and add them in a campaign (to a relevant adgroup). Pause broad keywords and add BMM, phrase and exact match types.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Broad match keywords

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

In adition to Neha's advice, I would suggest you not to have so many kewords/keyphrases in an adgroup and be careful in making them closely relevant to that particular adgroup.

Pause/sweep keywords with low CTR.

Thanks!

Anand Vishwakarma