AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Broad Match and Country Names?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello AdWords Community!

I am trying to use the keyword tool to analyze some different ad ideas. Right now for example, I am putting my ad idea but I also want to include the United States at the end, so like "keyword idea" in the United States. However, people have various names: US, America, USA, United States, and United States of America. Does the broad match capture all of these country names as "synonyms"? Thank you so much for your help everyone!

- Mark

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mark L
September 2015

Re: Broad Match and Country Names?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Mark, 

Broad match keywords should capture all of these synonyms but it can't hurt to throw in the other ones too. 

Good Luck!

Rob

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the community.

Rob is spot on! If you include these different variations it will also allow you to monitor the keyword performance better as opposed to looking at just one single broad match keyword. If you find that "USA _____" is performing better than "United States _____" for example then it gives you the opportunity to take action and improve your campaign.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Mark, 

Broad match keywords should capture all of these synonyms but it can't hurt to throw in the other ones too. 

Good Luck!

Rob

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the community.

Rob is spot on! If you include these different variations it will also allow you to monitor the keyword performance better as opposed to looking at just one single broad match keyword. If you find that "USA _____" is performing better than "United States _____" for example then it gives you the opportunity to take action and improve your campaign.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the help Rob and the confirmation Scott! 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Your welcome! Feel free to keep the questions coming if you have any more Smiley Wink