1.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Broad Match Modifier

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just looking into using broad match modifier and wondering if it is advised to put a list of  keywords (see below) in the adgroup or simply use the keywords:

+london +tours 

+tours +in +london

+tours +around +london

+tour +london +city

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Broad Match Modifier

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Alan,

I would recommend you first to go through this thread - it has similar question as yours:
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Performance-Optimization/Broad-Match-Modifier/m-p/428033/h...

Let us know if you have follow up questions or any more doubt regarding BMM.

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Alan,

These suggestions are provided for further optimization on the basis of relevancy.
Suppose your current keyword is +london +tours,
your ad may appear for the query "tours in london" as well as "tours from london to manchaster"
same keyword is triggering the ad for both the queries but both queries are different. And you provide services only in or near about london then the 2nd query will be an irrelevant.
So you must be very specific while choosing keywords as well the negative keywords.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hey Alan, how are things?

One important things on how Broad Match Modifier works, is that every term containing the plus sign "+" on your keyword must exist on the user query. So if you have something like this:
"+london tours", it means that the term "LONDON" must exist on the user query, but "tours" don't. When you have the plus sign on both of them, both terms need to be part of the user query.

In that case, you don't need to apply the sign to EVERY term of your keyword. Things like "tours in london" should be "+tours in +london". Modifying that "in" wouldn't serve of anything for you.

Also, it's important to remember that the modified term triggers some variations, typos and that sort of thing.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Leandro Martinez

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click