Guide Me
star_border

Broad Match Modifier

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I have a keyword Home based +jobs.

When I search for home based jobs my ad is being triggered. But when I search for home jobs AdWords is showing this message: 

'Your keyword isn't triggering ads to appear on Google right now due to a low Ad Rank.'

Shouldn't the same keyword be triggered for both the search queries? Then how can the Ad Rank be low for the second search query?  

Thanks,

Sheema

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sheema T
September 2015

Re: Broad Match Modifier

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sheema,

Your keyword is being 'triggered' in one sense, namely it is eligible to enter the auction but does not due to low ad rank. So Google is considering your keyword for the auction based on that search query but it's ad rank for that particular search query is too low.

What you need to remember is that QS is calculated for every single search query that 'triggers' or could trigger your keyword and this will vary (sometimes greatly) for each potential search query. Furthermore, the QS you see in your account is the estimated average QS for an exact match of that keyword and should thus indicate to you that it will differ when the search query is not an exact match.

In essence that is what is happening here. Your bid is high enough that your ad is showing for the one search query but not high enough for the other. Perhaps there is a lot more competition for "Home Jobs" which is very believable given its generic nature.

Hope this helps

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Clynton.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Happy to help