2.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Broad Match Modifier Keyword

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I was just wondering if the broad match keyword "+accident attorney" would trigger an ad on the search term accident lawyer. Also, for best accident lawyer.

Would it?

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Broad Match Modifier Keyword

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Mainak,

Synonyms of search query will not trigger ads but variants will. Variants include misspellings, singular forms, plural forms, acronyms, etc. 

Please visit https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497836?hl=en for more details.

Regards,

Nilesh Contractor

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Mainak,

It's possible, I don't believe there are concrete rules for what will and what will not match a broad match keywords as variants. I will point out 2 things quickly.

1. Just in case, and I'm sure this was just for emphasis. Do not combine " " quotes (phrase match) with modified broad match +, choose one.

2. It's always best to target the keywords you want your ads to show up for and use negative keywords to block searches you do not want to show up for.

If you want to show up for lawyer, include those terms as well as the attorney terms maybe even in separate ad groups.

Given what I know about how competitive and expensive this area is for AdWords, I would be working to build out the most specific and well structured account possible, ensuring that you do whatever you can to match your ads to your keywords. Just because in the real world we use lawyer and attorney in the same manner, does not mean that AdWords will do the same. Attorney keywords should have ads for attorneys, same with lawyers...

Hope this helps!

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Mainak,

The short answer is yes.

You have only modified +accident and thus all broad match rules apply to 'attorney'.