AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

4.1K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Bounce rate

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are running adwords for our website since last three months, Its a newly launched E-commerce website, bounce rate is 32%,i am just curious and wants to know that is it ok to have this much bounce rate?or should i modify some setting in Adwords if yes then What?

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author returngift w
September 2015

Re: Bounce rate

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there,
First of all, Bounce Rate is different for everybody and it can even differ wildly for direct competitors. There's no "magic number" that defines a good bounce rate (other than I guess 0%!)

However, from experience, a bounce rate of 32%... I think you're showing off Smiley Happy That's pretty dam good in general! I'd keep working on it though. There's many things you can do. There's plenty of articles online.

However, don't forget to focus on conversion rate. That's ultimately more important.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
No problem.
You're doing great Smiley Happy focus on your customer experience and focus on your conversion rate (look into content experiments) and the only way is up for you.

Let me know if you need any more help.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there,
First of all, Bounce Rate is different for everybody and it can even differ wildly for direct competitors. There's no "magic number" that defines a good bounce rate (other than I guess 0%!)

However, from experience, a bounce rate of 32%... I think you're showing off Smiley Happy That's pretty dam good in general! I'd keep working on it though. There's many things you can do. There's plenty of articles online.

However, don't forget to focus on conversion rate. That's ultimately more important.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you brother for enlightening me and strengthening my knowledge.May God Guide You.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
No problem.
You're doing great Smiley Happy focus on your customer experience and focus on your conversion rate (look into content experiments) and the only way is up for you.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks brother, one more question.
Is it fine if i run two different ad group with different keywords under the same campaign and account.

I mean to show my ads more specifically for the exact key words.
Like, in one ad group i created a headline like this- Small gifts for kids{ Key word-small gifts for kids}

another ad group headline- Birthday return gift for kids(Keyword- Birthday return gifts).

would that benefit me or should i put all the keywords in one ad group only??

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Returngift,

It is always a good Practice to create multiple ad Groups for different Keywords.
Because in this way you will show different ads related to your keywords that you have put an example.

So create Different ad group for different Keywords.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you brother Rakesh for clearing my doubts.