Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Bounce rate optimization for Display network

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there!

For a automotive client we will manage a display campaign with a target of interests audience and look a like. We are looking to optimize on bounce rate level, for each groups (ex : automotive interests, cooking interests, TV, .. and then demographic data (age, ...)). 

We linked Google Analytics with Adwords account and we added bounce rate column. 

My questions are : 

- will we see the bounce rate on all segments ? (demographics level, interests ..) --> Actually I think that this is possible only on ad-group level so it means that we will need create 1 ad-group per segment ? (ex : automotive interests 25 - 35 y, ...)

- is this possible to optimize campaign on bounce rate level ? 

Thanks for reply

K

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kevin M
September 2015

Re: Bounce rate optimization for Display network

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kevin,

If you have properly linked AdWords with Analytics, then it is better to review the Analytics interface for Bounce Rate Optimization. Reason being that you will get indepth details around different targeting methods you described like Display Keywords, Topics etc...

For details go to your Analytics account>>Acquisition>>AdWords>>Display Targeting like this:-

Analytics.png

Here you will get answers to most of your queries of whether Bounce Rate is high, low and why. Based on the stats you receive there, you can fine tune your Display Campaigns.

Also I would suggest looking at the this metric (Bounce Rate) from broader prospect i.e. considering all traffic sources so that if there are any changes required in the website, you can review them and change them accordingly.

Here's one video from Avinash Kaushik explaining about this metric and how to take care of this:-

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kevin M
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kevin,

If you have properly linked AdWords with Analytics, then it is better to review the Analytics interface for Bounce Rate Optimization. Reason being that you will get indepth details around different targeting methods you described like Display Keywords, Topics etc...

For details go to your Analytics account>>Acquisition>>AdWords>>Display Targeting like this:-

Analytics.png

Here you will get answers to most of your queries of whether Bounce Rate is high, low and why. Based on the stats you receive there, you can fine tune your Display Campaigns.

Also I would suggest looking at the this metric (Bounce Rate) from broader prospect i.e. considering all traffic sources so that if there are any changes required in the website, you can review them and change them accordingly.

Here's one video from Avinash Kaushik explaining about this metric and how to take care of this:-

Pankaj

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

If I'm understanding you correctly Kevin you may want to use this feature in UA (see below) to understand behavior in GDN according to interests & topics: 
UA - Display Example.JPG

If you're worried about understanding bounce rate when combining multiple targeting options then I recommend that each combination is a different ad group and each ad group is assigned a utm_content so you can differentiate between the ad groups.  

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’