Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Blocking search partners

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Is it possible to block specific search partners (e.g. AskJeeves.com) when running a search campaign and including the search partners ?

Thanks

K

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
March 2016

Re: Blocking search partners

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Kay,

Either you stop for all or you run for all. There is no way to exclude any specific search partner.

Robin

Re: Blocking search partners

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hello Kay.

To my knowledge, you can not exclude a search partner website (which is a "placement") on Search campaigns (with Search partners).
This is what Google says about it:

Blocking search partners

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't think you can, but I will mention something here that I don't think most people are aware of. Many exclude sites in the display or content network due to low quality, but your ads can still show on these sites in one of two ways:

1) Even if you don't select the display network, the default in the account may still be for your ads to show on domain parking pages. To STOP this, you have to enable ads to run on display, then you can access the section of the campaign where you can exclude placements, and exclude the domain parking pages, save changes and then disable ads running on display network.

2) Display network sites have display ads that show on their sites. That's display. But these same display sites can ALSO show users a search box from Google which will show your ads on their sites even if display/content network is disabled. That's because the use of the search box falls under "search partners". So even if you like search partners like AOL, ASK, PCH, etc. you also get exposed to the display traffic.