2.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Block my AdWords ads from showing on Taboola clickbait sites

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

All those clickbait sites brought up by ads from Taboola and Outbrain are filled to the rim with Google ads and 5 sentences of 'content'. Now you don't have to be smart to see that any clicks on those won't result in a sale. Those clicks are lost. Those clicks are 'accidental'. That's the clicks those clickbaitbastards are after.

How to block my ads from showing on these ultra-ultra-ultra-thin clickbait sites with quality -10?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Block my AdWords ads from showing on Taboola clickbait sites

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Hmm... I disagree. I have found  site(s) which promotes their content using Taboola or Outbrain to convert not bad at all...
See specific instructions about excluding a site in the following link;
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454012?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
'The site'? There are hundreds of them, about snoring, about 'See What Happens Next', 'You'd Never Guess When...' etc. These sites almost consists of a gallery/slide show with ONE picture per page. All have AdSense ads VERY close to their 'NEXT" (picture) button. Surely they will be clicked on, that's the one and only purpose of these sites. How on earth can these ads be good for you, as an advertiser, for your business?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
This was obviously a typo - "I found sites which promote their content *...." I haven't seen seen "parked domains" promoted by them...
But, you can exclude sites as explained in the link I provided.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’