Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Big Drop in Clicks in Search & Display Campaigns

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

I'm working on brand car project. I have set up display & Search Campaigns. All were performing very well, but last week i have found traffic dropdown in my campaigns. Display campaigns performing wrose. Actually I have made changes in locations two weeks ago. Before I was targetting one location but two weeks ago I have targetted near about 15 locations after that traffic is going down. I can't find the specific reason for this traffic dropdown. please help me out.

Many Thanks

Mandeep Singh

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Big Drop in Clicks in Search & Display Campaigns

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mandeep,

Have you made any changes to your ads/landing pages?

Is there any significant change in quality score of your keywords and average ad positions?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes , I made changes in ads but not in all campaigns .. but traffic dropped in all campaigns .. I just changed the locations

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Making changes to ads will impact your quality score and reduce your ad position. This can result in low clicks/low CTR again adversely affecting quality score.

Adding more locations to your campaigns some times has the same result. Because wider targeting will usually result in more impressions. If your CTR don't improve with the additional impressions that will also affect QS and average positions resulting in reduced number of clicks.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Hi Mandeep,

I think you are facing this issue because your bids for your keywords or adgroups are too low. Previously you were targeting just one location whereas later you added multiple locations to your targeting which can have a great effect on your overall ad delivery.

Please increase your bids by a substantial amount and give the campaigns a try.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank

Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Shashank Singh

Thanks but my bids are high already for my main keywords. Is there any other reason for sudden traffic drop down.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Is there any change in Average position and average CPC?

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
Mandeep,

Since you are now targeting a lot more locations in your campaigns, your ads are now part of that many more ad auctions and your bids aren't high enough to be win those auctions with ease (like they did before the addition of locations).

If the bids are not an issue then i would recommend splitting the campaigns geo wise ( old school technique, i know) as it will help you understand if each location individually can perform well. If not all, i recommend replicate the campaign for just one or two locations and test this approach.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
there are lots of drops in impressions in display campaigns. like i was having 60,000 impressions in my one display campaign now that campaign was had only 18,000 impressions in last week. Didn't understand?

Drastic Drop in the impressions in display campaigns?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

From last week my display campaigns not getting impressions much. But this week they are performing worse. When I checked on keywords & placements for ad preview. It shows

"You don't have enough Google AdSense pageviews yet to diagnose the combination of your current campaign settings and targeting criteria." 

and 

"Your keyword, combined with other targeting in your ad group, matches very few pages on the Display Network."

How to deal with it ?