5.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Bidding up to boost ad placement

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Toward the end of the video he said that you can't bid up to improve quality to boost ad placement. However I thought you could bid up to improve ad rank which is the product of ad quality X bid? Is this correct?
2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David K
September 2015

Re: Bidding up to boost ad placement

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi David,

Welcome to AdWords Community!

Though I'm not sure about the video you're referring to, Ad Ranking is a product of QS and Bid. If the QS is less or decent, you can bid up to increase the ad rank. Similar to increasing one of the factors to kind of compensate  the end result. However, bidding up itself wouldn't increase quality score. More about Ad Rank here.

Hope this helps,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi David K,

Are you referring to this video, Insights on the AdWords Auction? If so, maybe you should review it one more time, there are now additional factors considered when compiling ad position.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, Sumanth

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That was not the video but it is a great video. Thanks.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi David,

Can you share the video you're referring to, it might add some context to your query?

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’