AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Bidding strategy for Click-to-call only campaign - when a 'click' is the conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Folks,

Lets say your task is to generate leads for a call center and they will pay you $10 for a lead that comes through as a phone call. So, you setup a mobile only campaign, click-to-call-only, with ad scheduling when the call center is open. We have to use manual bidding because we are using ad-scheduling. So ....

Price = $10

Cost-per-click is unknown and variable for different keywords (lower than $10 though)

Conversion rate= 70% (duff clicks and call center abandonment = 30%)

How should one approach the first steps to bidding? I know you should bid aggresively, get a good CTR, enhance quality score ... I'm great with the theory ... it's just ... how do I work out that bid?

I will probably have one keyword per adgroup - tightly themed.

Any ideas on my first moves would be greatly appreciated.

Excuse the rooky question - it seems a black art.... I would use automatic bidding but ad scheduling ruins that ... unless i use automated rules to setup a schedule

Thanks, Regards Mark

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Bidding strategy for Click-to-call only campaign - when a 'click' is the conversion

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I think you should try to calculate your "value per click" (approx. 3 min, or here, the first part) and set your initial bid somewhat lower. It can be really hard to calculate your conversion rate and thus your value per click if you have no stats already, but if it´s the case that every incoming call is to be counted as a conversion and you use click to call, then of course, it´s much easier (although your duff clicks and call center abandonment = 30% might be a little optimistic; hard for me to say, I´d recommend you to double check if possible).

Don´t set your bid too low to start with, because you probably want a sound statistical foundation as fast as possible. Time is money : ) Also, if you run everything properly - analyzing, optimizing and increasing you quality score and lowering your CPC - your costs should decrease by time.

Don´t forget to make your phone number only clickable.

Re: Bidding strategy for Click-to-call only campaign - when a 'click' is the conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks David,

That's very kind of you. The video helped greatly

Regards Mark