Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Bidding optimization

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi!

I m running several campaigns in a manual bidding mode. Concretely enhaced CPC manual bidding.

However i dont know how To optimize the campaigns/keywords. The ONLY thing i do is to increase CPC in that keywords that are below the first page bid, and this is a suggestion from the platform. Can you elaborate tell me more on the subject? Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author João M
January 2017

Bidding optimization

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Determine the most you are willing to pay per conversion. If any keyword / ad group / campaign reaches double that limit without a conversion, pause it (assuming negative keywords have been attended to, and you are running your best converting or best CTR ads).

For the rest adjust bids down if they are above acceptable cost per conversion, or higher if they are profitable. 

That's a very simplified overview. 

After there's plenty of conversions in the can, look at Dimensions, specifically hour of day, and day of week, as well as performance by device and search network vs Google. Often one or more of these can be adjusted to spend your budget where it performs best.

View solution in original post

Bidding optimization

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi João,

Do you have any conversion tracking in place?

Bidding optimization

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

In most of the cases, yes

Bidding optimization

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Optimize campaigns by CPC is old-fashioned and couldn't bring you the best results. You should take into account conversion costs or ROAS. Maybe rising your CPC brings you more conversions and your campaign could be more profitable.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author João M
January 2017

Bidding optimization

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Determine the most you are willing to pay per conversion. If any keyword / ad group / campaign reaches double that limit without a conversion, pause it (assuming negative keywords have been attended to, and you are running your best converting or best CTR ads).

For the rest adjust bids down if they are above acceptable cost per conversion, or higher if they are profitable. 

That's a very simplified overview. 

After there's plenty of conversions in the can, look at Dimensions, specifically hour of day, and day of week, as well as performance by device and search network vs Google. Often one or more of these can be adjusted to spend your budget where it performs best.