1.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Bidding Strategi for expensive market

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I work in an expensive niche - gambling keywords that need huge investment. First I created multiple compaigns covering all the relevant keywords. Later I decided to focus only on 1 keyword cluster to make it profitable so to reinvest this money and laucnh the rest keyword clusters. Which is better to start with 1 keyword cluster and make it profitable and one by one including the rest keyword clusters and subpages or to launch them all at the same time?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author NoraA
February 2016

Re: Bidding Strategi for expensive market

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @NoraA I'd always recommend the second method - start with a small set of Keywords, ones that apply to what you feel is your best bet (no pun intended) for success and focus on optimising these to produce a profit, then expand slowly to include others.

When starting any new Campaign, it's important that your testing period creates a very high impression share - showing your Ads as often as possible over the testing period - and this is best achieved with a small focus.  Trying to hit everything at once not only would require a very large spend to achieve this high impression share, a spend which you cannot be certain will return a profit, but also makes the optimisation process more complex and open to error.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
A side question: are you allowed to promote gambling?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
In some coutries yes.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

If you are allowed to advertise gambling in whichever country, focus on the display network using text and/or display ads, that are highly targeted to the topic. If people are on these websites, they are like qualified leads.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Jon. Can you tell me how much time you leave the ads running before making some changes and what are the main points you folllow having in mind the main goal is ROAS.