AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Bid simulator

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi - I find the bid simulator tool confusing. I want to find out what difference it makes if I lower or raise my CPC on certain ad groups. I recently reduced my CPC for one ad group from £1.50 to 50p. My page position only went down a fraction over a day. What's the best way to do that on my other ad groups? I could save a fortune! Also, without a current position (rather than an average position) button, it's hard to know what visibility an ad has at that precise moment once you reduce or raise the CPC.

Any suggestions?

Ben.        

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by purefuzz (Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Bid simulator

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I want to find out what difference it makes if I lower or raise my CPC on certain ad groups.

This is cleraly a case where you would like to use the AdWords Campaign Experiments

It´s a very useful tool!

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Ben,

Personally I fell that nothing beats trying and testing your bids manually for yourself based on your current stats.

I recommend looking at keyword level stats as well, the AdGroup gives you easier viewing for reporting etc, but by dropping your bids, some keywords in that AdGroup may not be appearing as often as they used to and you could be getting a different quality of traffic.

If you felt up for it you could look at using automated rules to try and keep your keywords at a certain position.

Here's an example of the sort of thing you can do. I am a massive fan of auto rules.

autoruledecrease.png

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by purefuzz (Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I want to find out what difference it makes if I lower or raise my CPC on certain ad groups.

This is cleraly a case where you would like to use the AdWords Campaign Experiments

It´s a very useful tool!

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Nice one David, I had forgot about experiments here.