4.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Bid higher than Est. top page bid but still in sidebar section

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I have some keywords which has bid very higher 5 times than Est. top page bid, but my ads are still at sidebar section. Anyone have ideas to explain this problem ? 

Thank you very much.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author KhanhLa
September 2015

Re: Bid higher than Est. top page bid but still in sidebar section

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello KhanhLa,

As per Google notes:

The top of page bid estimate is intended to give you greater insight with which to plan your bidding strategy. Meeting your top of page bid estimate is not a guarantee of ad position. Ad position will still depend on Quality Score, your CPC bid, your budget and account settings, and user and advertiser behavior

There are lot of outside factors also involved in deciding which ads will be on top and which on side. Quality Score is really a main ingredient. I must say that if your QS is low, your ad won't be available on top only because you increase the bid to 5 times or may be 10 times.

You should try to work on improving the Quality Score of your keywords. Follow the optimization methodologies to slowly and steadily improving the account's metrics. Another important point to understand is that every advertiser tend to be on top for most of ther keywords, but that's certainly not feasible everytime because ad rank is dynamically calculated based on the actual search query which the user has entered. And I must also say that everytime to be on top is surely not a good ad position for everyone. I myself have seen excellent results to be on the side as compared to to be on top.

My point is to actually identify what ad position works best for your keywords. Take out the spread sheets weekly, monthly, quaterly and then get hold of which position best suits you in terms of conversions because after all everybody is working for ROI.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks pankaj1782

I am reading your suggest. It's useful for me.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

KhanhLa;

To move from the side bar to the "upper section", above the search results, both your QS and bid need to meet a minimum threshold. Google does not disclose what is this minimum. A rule of thumb, is that your QS needs to be constantly high (some say above 7), and you also need to bid high.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1722087

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Glad to hear that it is assisting you and please go through Moshe's advice, which is indeed important Smiley Happy

Let us know if that helps out or not.

Best of Luck and Happy Reading!

Pankaj