AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Best practices for maximizing monthly unique visitors?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys,

I need your advise and help with a very important issue to me.

My main target from using Adwords is to get as much unique visitors as possible not visitors, not clicks, not visits. The most important dimension to my business is the number of unique users per month.

The 1 million dollar question: How can I ensure that 99% of my clicks are actually a unique visitors (clicks)? and how I can maximize my unique visitors out of my daily clicks?

Thanks,

Ahmad

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ahmad D
September 2015

Re: Best practices for maximizing monthly unique visitors?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Ahmad,

In addition to what has been said above, I would first like to add here that visitors and clicks are separate terms technically. Google Analytics track visits and unique visitors data whereas Google Adwords track clicks. Also note that there is no information about whether the clicks you are getting from Adwords are unique clicks from different users or same users. However, Adwords uses strong tracking tools to make sure that advertiser doesn't suffer from Invalid clicks.

A click may convert into a visit and get tracked by Analytics or may not.

However, in order to drive more traffic towards your website and whether the traffic will be unique or not, also depends upon the quality of your website. 

As said above, Google's Display Network also assist in building good traffic towards your website and could assist in brand upliftment as well.

You could try and maximize your Search network reach by creating dedicated campaigns for your service/product to the relevant geogrpahical regions if you want. You could create separate campaigns based on language/country etc...

Dynamic Search Ads could be one of the solution if your site is big and organically your site has good number of pages indexed in Google.

My couple of thoughts!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ahmad

You can create a re-marketing list of all the visitors who have visited your site and use Google's RLSA(Re-marketing List for Search Ads) in order to exclude those visitors from seeing your ad next time when their search trigger your keyword.

Abhishek

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Almost every visitor form AdWords is unique.
Best way to get swarm of visitors is to target your display campaign to youtube AND choose all categories of sites in display management.
That should help.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Ahmad,

In addition to what has been said above, I would first like to add here that visitors and clicks are separate terms technically. Google Analytics track visits and unique visitors data whereas Google Adwords track clicks. Also note that there is no information about whether the clicks you are getting from Adwords are unique clicks from different users or same users. However, Adwords uses strong tracking tools to make sure that advertiser doesn't suffer from Invalid clicks.

A click may convert into a visit and get tracked by Analytics or may not.

However, in order to drive more traffic towards your website and whether the traffic will be unique or not, also depends upon the quality of your website. 

As said above, Google's Display Network also assist in building good traffic towards your website and could assist in brand upliftment as well.

You could try and maximize your Search network reach by creating dedicated campaigns for your service/product to the relevant geogrpahical regions if you want. You could create separate campaigns based on language/country etc...

Dynamic Search Ads could be one of the solution if your site is big and organically your site has good number of pages indexed in Google.

My couple of thoughts!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you guys for your answers.

I do understand that clicks and visits are technically not the same, I understand how google analytics measure clicks, visits and unique visitors deeply because this is my KPI for my marketing efforts.

The answer I expect is, how I can make sure that if I yield 10K clicks I can convert them to 10K unique visitors, currently I get 4K unique visitors only.

One method I thought about is using Negative remarketing (exclude visitors of the same month to increase unique reach).

Any ideas like this?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ahmad

You can create a re-marketing list of all the visitors who have visited your site and use Google's RLSA(Re-marketing List for Search Ads) in order to exclude those visitors from seeing your ad next time when their search trigger your keyword.

Abhishek