2.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Best Practices for Remarketing to Search Campaign Bounces

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

I'm running a campaign that sends AdWords search traffic to a middle of the funnel offer. Of course, the majority of these people bounce. Any insights on how to remarket to this audience? 

Should the display remarketing attempt to get them to convert into a lead on the same offer? Should I present another similar offer or something a little higher up the funnel? 

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Best Practices for Remarketing to Search Campaign Bounces

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
When it comes to search advertising and direct sales - What is your offer and sales point? Why should someone buy now, and from you?

If users are clicking on the ad, then they are showing interest. You are losing them between the click and the session. So, what happens between the expectation of the ad, and the reality of the website? Does your ad content and offer fit your business model? (If you're not selling cheap stuff, focus on quality over pricing.)

Either accept the lack of quality in the traffic, reduce your CPC's, and get as many users into the remarketing list as possible for the long term - OR - Focus on higher quality search traffic, at a lower volume (and potentially higher CPC), to increase conversion volume and total sales in the short term. Not all visitors to the site are going to be paying customers, and over time your remarketing list will continue to grow (with a long enough list duration). You're not going to get those users to buy immediately if they didn't on the first visit, so remarketing is going to be a longer path to customer acquisition.

Focus on the top of the pyramid - What is the top converting exact match search term of all time? Do you have that one term in it's own adgroup, in it's own campaign, and enough budget allocated to achieve 100% of the search impression share? Use that campaign to test your offers and ad content. If a new offer makes the best campaign even better, then you know you have a winner. Export that new control ad to the rest of the account and see if overall account performance improves.
Tom

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Thanks for the insightful advice. My conversion rate is pretty good from
search query to lead but am may trying to squeeze as much out of it as
possible hence the questions about remarking to that specific type of
audience.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

>>"Should the display remarketing attempt to get them to convert into a lead on the same offer? Should I present another similar offer or something a little higher up the funnel?  - Definitely.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner
Thanks. My question, though, was which one:

1. Remarket with a similar offer
2. Remarket with an offer higher up the funnel

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
It's hard to tell without knowing the business. I prefer an offer higher up the funnel
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’