3.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Best Practice to use Labels

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I know what is and how to setup Labels. But too many times I found myself trying to use it, but ended up either wasting my time too much thinking about how to organize them, or not really using them at all in the end.

Can anyone share the best practice how do you really use it in most cases? 

Thanks in advance for any info.

Hero Wijayadi

Re: Best Practice to use Labels

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Hero,

Ultimately AdWords Labels should be set-up to save you time for anything you normally look at and do within AdWords.  Here are some common uses that I have for Labels:

1.  Use Labels for priority product Keywords - being able to quickly see how the Keywords for my priority products are performing gives me a great quick snapshot of they're doing.

2.  Use Labels for Ads - Often I'll incorporate seasonal/promotional messaging in my Ad Copy, across all Campaigns, across all Ad Groups.  Labels help me quickly see performance for this Ad Copy, and also allow me the ability to pause the Ad Copy when it's no longer relevant.

3.  Segment Keywords - Labels can be used to quickly segment, and see performance by Keywords.  For example, if I was a camera advertiser I could segment my Keywords by type of lenses, or by camera pixels.

4.  Create Labels for Branded and Non-Branded Keywords

5.  Create Labels for groups of Keywords/Ads/Ad Groups that you want to have a separate Bid Strategy on

6.  Create Labels for Keywords/Ads that you are testing

7.  Create Labels for your Top & Worst Performers, both from Keywords and Ads standpoint.

Re: Best Practice to use Labels

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Hero,

In addition to vkore91 answer You may also find this great post helpful. http://www.marketing-mojo.com/blog/7-ways-to-make-your-life-awesome-with-adwords-labels/

Cheers,
Nouman