Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Best Performing Ad Prediction

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello everyone,

I'm running an A/B/C test for my mortgage campaign. Which ad do you think will yield the highest CTR? (I get about 80 impressions/day for the keyword +Vancouver +Mortgage +Broker). I will wait until each ad has 20 clicks.

Thoughts? Any predictions on best ad?

Vancouver Mortgage Broker
Unbiased Expert Mortgage Advice
Contact me to learn more!
www.mysite.ca

Vancouver Mortgage Broker
Don't Get Fooled By Your Bank.
Get professional unbiased advice!
www.mysite.ca

Vancouver Mortgage Broker
No Fees/Contracts. Best Rates in BC.
- Contact Me Today!
www.mysite.ca

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Best Performing Ad Prediction

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi birchlore, only a fool would answer the question you've asked.  Ad perfomance depends upon many factors and you can't just ask "which one's best" without knowing all the background - that's the whole point of testing.

(sigh) OK, for me it's #3 but with some amendments.  I'd be cautious of the use of the term "best"; unless you can prove this - from a third party, it's best avoided.  I'd also change the call-to-action to "Contact Us Now!" rather than "me" and today.

I'd probably also use DKI for the headline in at least one variation and I'd have 5 or 6 variations of this Ad.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Cobnut wrote:

Hi birchlore, only a fool would answer the question you've asked.  Ad perfomance depends upon many factors and you can't just ask "which one's best" without knowing all the background - that's the whole point of testing.

(sigh) OK, for me it's #3 but with some amendments.  I'd be cautious of the use of the term "best"; unless you can prove this - from a third party, it's best avoided.  I'd also change the call-to-action to "Contact Us Now!" rather than "me" and today.

I'd probably also use DKI for the headline in at least one variation and I'd have 5 or 6 variations of this Ad.

Jon

Haha. Yeah, I understand. My goal was to see if, in general, one ad looked like it was written better than the others (like how you are leaning to #3).

Two followup questions:

1. In ad #3, Ive added a dash before the call to action. Otherwise, as a top ad it reads:

No Fees/Contracts.

Best Rates in BC Contact Me Today! 

No room for punctuation on the top line so I just added a dash at the beginning of the bottom line. Is this okay?

2. You said 5/6 variations... That seems like a lot for 80 impressions a day with on average 1 click per day. I thought 3 variations was a lot. No?

Thanks

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Changed the ad to:

Vancouver Mortgage Broker
No Fees/Contracts. Excellent Rates.
Contact Us Now!
www.mysite.ca

Thoughts? Better?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Echoing what Jon said, don't rely on a handful of us here. It's not statistically significant. And you just show us the ads. We know nothing of the keywords or anything else. For what it's worth, I like #2 better. So what did that tell you?

You have to test with hundreds of searchers and that's what it's all about. The masses will tell you which ad they think is best.