AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Best Keywords Won't Trigger Ad Because Of 1 Out Of 10 Quality Score?!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I operate a residential landscaping business that specializes in design. My landing page (http://lowcountryvistas.com/makeovers/) explains exactly what I do and makes use of the phrase "residential landscape design". My ads use the text "residential landscape design". Yet the phrase "residential landscape design" and its derivatives, THE MOST IMPORTANT keywords, won't trigger my ad because of a 1 of 10 quality score?! Please explain. Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Best Keywords Won't Trigger Ad Because Of 1 Out Of 10 Quality Scor

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Seth.

If you hover over the speech bubble next to your keyword, what does it say?
To me it sounds like a duplicate content issue, because apart from your domain I see another Google result pop up and the website is charlestonyardmakeover.com/makeovers/ (when searching for some words on your landing page). Was that your former website and did you just decide to move to another website?

If this is the case Google might think that you've just copied the old website. The old website does redirect now, as I can see, to your new website, but it may just take some time before the indexes are refreshed and Google realizes that the old website no longer exists.

Hope it helps.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Charlestonyardmakeover.com has been redirecting for some time using a WP plugin. Would making it a standard redirect help? When I hover over, I get 1s in all categories. I don't understand how that could be. <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Posting Guidelines - in order to remove contact information which was most likely due to an email footer. Please be sure to remove such information in future replies before posting. Thank you.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Any suggestions? AdWords customer support is off today, and the problem persists.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
No idea for the moment. What kind of redirect are you using. AFAIK, although this is not really an adwords issue so we're venturing into off topic areas, it should be a 301 server-side redirect (https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/93633?hl=en).

But it doesn't look like that, as I can still find a lot of pages in Google's index, if I do a search for site:charlestonyardmakeover.com in Google.

Try and get a hold of support AFTER you redirect everything properly and ask for a reevaluation. I can't be 100% sure but my "nose" tells me it's a duplicate content issue. Otherwise it would be hard to get 1/10 across the board.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.