AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Best Bidding Strategy for Multiple Conversion Types?

SMG Badged Google Partner
Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

I have a local home decor company where users can register online for an in-home consultation, but they can also buy products online. 

We want to test an automated bidding strategy in Adwords. Would we use conversion optimizer, and set the target CPA to an average value of the different conversion types? Would Target ROAS make more sense here? 

The Adwords rep suggests creating separate campaigns for each type of conversion, but the keywords truly overlap (both goals mostly convert on product keywords). Not sure if it's worth it to segment.

What would you suggest and why?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author SMG
September 2015

Re: Best Bidding Strategy for Multiple Conversion Types?

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

This Google help article provides info on How to Set Up Conversion Optimizer for Multiple Conversion Types & Values in a single campaign - Basically take a weighted average of all conversion values. Makes sense.

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi SMG,

These flexible bidding strategies performance different from account to account and you actually cannot decide it correctly without testing them in the particular account.

But let me give you some ideas. I've personally tried everything else other than the CPA one. One thing I noticed that target ROAS bidding strategy works well if you have really high number of bookings, this help bidding strategy to learn about visitor booking pattern etc.

However depending on your conversion rates and industry this may take sometime and in the bidding strategy it self you would be able to monitor which stage it is in right now.

As a final thought I think you can use the CPA or ROAS strategy, but don't expect everything to go well instantly Smiley Happy

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Right, I realize it takes several weeks before we can see results with automated bidding.

What do you consider a "high" number of bookings?

Do you ultimately think it's OK not to segment conversion type by campaign, and to keep it mixed?

Thanks!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author SMG
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

This Google help article provides info on How to Set Up Conversion Optimizer for Multiple Conversion Types & Values in a single campaign - Basically take a weighted average of all conversion values. Makes sense.