AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Best Ads for Google Display

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Team,

Have a Great Day!

Kindly tell me which ads(ie Text ads or Image ads) are best suitable for Google Display networks.

Thanks,

Kalirajan.S

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Best Ads for Google Display

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kalirajan,

Hope you doing well. We can't give surety on which ad type will work better. You need to run test both and figure out based on your account stats. When I create Google Display campaigns, I test both ad type. Text as well as Image in different adgroups. For Image Ad, I prefer to test all available dimensions. what happens is there are websites who only shows text ads on their site and some only show image and some shows both. Also some website shows all image size ads. Some shows only banner on top or let say below or may be only on side. So we don't want to miss any potential opportunity. Therefore, it is advisable to test and see which is best.

Usually Image ad cpc's are higher then text as they cover more space on a page. But I have seen text ad cost more as well. So no guarantee can be given. You need to test and watch campaign statistics.

Hope that helps!

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Best Ads for Google Display

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Kalirajan,

Which targeting method have you opted for display campaign?
What is your advertising Goal?

For image ads, I recommend you to use or create banners with all the size available for maximum exposure, and if you are already running search campaigns then there is not a big effort if you copy your most converting ads to display text ads as some placements only offers text ads.
It is simple formula better the exposure on relevant sites more chances of conversions. Else everything depends on your goal and targeting method.

Edit:  Neha, I appreciate for your very fast response. You have already posted the same thing while I was typing Smiley Tongue

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’