AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Best Ad Rotation Setting for Keyword Ad Relevance?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

My ad groups are organized so that each one is for a different product page on my website.  There are a few different angles for advertising one product, so I have about 5-10 ads and 10-20 keywords per ad group.

I just set up a new campaign (so no historical statistics), and I'd like to understand the best ad rotation setting.  I feel that some keywords would be better served by specific ads that have the keyword in them.  How can I optimize it so that ad relevance is the most important factor for choosing which ad to serve for a specific keyword?

I was thinking to start off with rotating evenly for the first 90 days, just to ensure to give all the ads enough chance to be tested before Google starts favoring certain ads with only a limited number of clicks/conversions.  But, as an example, if Ad 1 and Ad 2 are the most relevant for Keyword C, I don't want Keyword C to show Ads 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ... evenly if only the first 2 ads have the keyword in it.  Will it?

Likewise, if I optimize for clicks or conversions, will Google look at the historical clicks/conversions data for that specific keyword when deciding which ad to show for that keyword, or across all keywords?  I hope the former, since, for example, I don't want it to show Ad 5 if it performs best overall even though the more relevant Ad 1 performs best for Keyword C.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author sanjay p
June 2016

Re: Best Ad Rotation Setting for Keyword Ad Relevance?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Sanjay,

I will recommend you to go with "optimise for clicks" in this case.

If you will go with this setting then system will automatically trigger the most relevant ad to any keyword corresponding to a particular query, to provide you maximum clicks.
If you have any such offers or USPs in different ads which you want to highlight anyhow evenly then you should prefer "rotate Evenly" setting for ad rotation.

Re: Best Ad Rotation Setting for Keyword Ad Relevance?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you tushar for your help