AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Benefits of having many Ad copies per each Ad Group?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

Like to know what are the benefits of having many Ad copies per each Ad group?

Having many relevant, but different variety of text ads affect the QS directly? Will it improves the Ad relevance  component of the Q.S. ?

However there are many indirect benefits such as improved CTR will increase Q.S.

I like to know will this (lot of relevant text Ads) have direct affect on Ad relevance  component of the Q.S.

I observed Changing Text Ads (title & description, Display URL) help me to improve the quality score of keywords with lower QS (4,5). Changing Ad text help to increase QS from 4,5 to 6,7.

Like to here your thoughts....!

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sandaruwan S
September 2015

Re: Benefits of having many Ad copies per each Ad Group?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Sandaruwan,

It's a good question Smiley Happy

The main reason is to allow you to make comparisons between the performance of the ads and then take action depending on what you find. If you find that one ad is performing significantly better than an other (over a decent period of time) then it's a good practice to pause the lesser performing ad and create a replacement to beat the remaining ad. If you keep carrying out this practice then you are basically fine tuning your ads until you get the best performance possible.

As you mentioned, CTR helps QS over time so by carrying out this split testing you are also going to help improve the QS in the process.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi @ScottyD Thanks for reply.

Like to know, Having lot of relevant text Ads have direct affect on Ad relevance component of the Q.S.?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Sandaruwan S, there is only so much relevance you can establish between your keywords and ads due to the fact that it's only possible to mention a keyword so many times within the character limits while having the ad still make sense. 

So if you have two ad variations which are both relevant to your keywords then it's going to have a positive impact on your QS. Adding an additional two relevant variations isn't going to increase your QS further though, it's simply going to match the scenario you already have.

Let's say you add a non-relevant ad to the mix however, this now has the potential to dilute the overall relevancy and therefore have a negative impact on the QS.

I'd personally recommend focusing on improving your CTR via split testing more than anything though if you're interested in improving QS. While also using relevant ads of course.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Sandaruwan,

When Google says ad relevance, they mean relevant to the user, and that's measured by CTR. Presence of the keyword in the ad copy has little to do with it, although presence of the keyword in the ad copy causes that keyword to be shown in bold, and that can increase your CTR.

It's all about CTR. Ad relevance to a keyword means "CTR on the keyword/ad combination". Running 2 or more ads in each ad group with the purpose of increasing CTR on the the ad overall will have the effect of increasing CTR on the keyword, and that will raise your QS.

So, yes, there is tremendous advantage of having 2 or more ads in each AdGroup. Test, evaluate, adjust, repeat.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords