Guide Me
star_border

Below first page bid rates

S T
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
S T
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What if you cannot match the first page bid..is it worth increasing it anyway for example: 

So if I bid for £1 and the est first page bid is £5, is it worth me increasing my bid to £2? or would I just be throwing money away.  Avg position for the keywords in question or all  between 2 - 5 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Below first page bid rates

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi, depend on your QS and all ranking factors.
Avg pos and real CPC is the result of CPC x QS X other ranking elements.

S T
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
S T
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So a real example is .. bid is £1.01 and first page rate is £6.21 keyword is ranked at 3.6 position and a quality score of 7/10... will it help by increasing the bid..even though i have no intentions of bidding as high as t £6.21 ?

S T
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
S T
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
and actual cost per click is £0.80

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@S T;

I would say:  yes. First page bid estimates are as the name suggests "statistical estimates".

My experience: these estimates could have a broad margin of error (which Google does not disclose).

So, a slight increase of the bid, and you can find your bid within the margin of error and your ad-rank is high enough to win a slot. 

Also check the Search Exact match IS - this is a good indication how well you are performing due to low ad rank

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’