AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Below first page bid rates

S T
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
S T
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What if you cannot match the first page bid..is it worth increasing it anyway for example: 

So if I bid for £1 and the est first page bid is £5, is it worth me increasing my bid to £2? or would I just be throwing money away.  Avg position for the keywords in question or all  between 2 - 5 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Below first page bid rates

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi, depend on your QS and all ranking factors.
Avg pos and real CPC is the result of CPC x QS X other ranking elements.

S T
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
S T
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So a real example is .. bid is £1.01 and first page rate is £6.21 keyword is ranked at 3.6 position and a quality score of 7/10... will it help by increasing the bid..even though i have no intentions of bidding as high as t £6.21 ?

S T
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
S T
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
and actual cost per click is £0.80

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@S T;

I would say:  yes. First page bid estimates are as the name suggests "statistical estimates".

My experience: these estimates could have a broad margin of error (which Google does not disclose).

So, a slight increase of the bid, and you can find your bid within the margin of error and your ad-rank is high enough to win a slot. 

Also check the Search Exact match IS - this is a good indication how well you are performing due to low ad rank

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’