AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Below First Page Bid

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just wanted to clarify something with regards to bids. Once it states that my bid for a certain keyword is below first page bid, does it imply that the ad won't be showing anymore in any pages or just the first page? Hopeful for a response. Thank you in advance

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andrew M
September 2015

Re: Below First Page Bid

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Andrew

It only means that your ad wont show in the first page.

Please read here more about First page bid estimates https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/105665?hl=en

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andrew M
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Andrew

It only means that your ad wont show in the first page.

Please read here more about First page bid estimates https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/105665?hl=en

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Andrew,

Its not necessary that your ads wont show. The suggestion made by the "Est. First Page bid" is just a Estimate as the word itself implies and not the Exact value framed by Google.

Have you checked your Ad position ? Is it exceeding over 11 ? If Yes, then certainly you ad is not appearing on first page. If the Ad position is under 11 then your ads are on First page. So, try checking out your Ad position first.

Hope this clears your doubt.
Azeem Shaikh
SEM Freelancer & Consultant.
Adwords & Bing Ads Certified Individual.

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I have over 100 clicks per day for a 3 words keyword which I have set below the first page bid, while the total impressions are around 6700. My bid is 30% lower than the estimated "first page bid". This keyword has a CTR of 1.4-1.5 % and a quality score of 8/10 .

The problem with this status is that it is reported just for the "desktop+tablet bid" not the mobile bid and your ads can have a different position for desktops versus mobiles, if you enable mobile traffic.

Also during the day there are many variations of competition and your bid may be competitive enough for certain scenarios , for example during the night when less competitors could be bidding.

My answer would be that you get a small slice of traffic for a bid lower than that estimate for the first page but if your keyword has a high search volume, around 10.000 per day for example you could see a lot of clicks. The quality score of the keyword will be influencing traffic too, not only that estimate.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Andrew,

Welcome to the community. The below first page bid estimate signifies:

Keyword is active and can show ads. However, your keyword isn't currently showing ads on the first page of Google search results.

To know more about how to get your ad on the first page, please go through below link:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472742

I hope this helps.
Kapil M

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Good morning.

To add to all of the good responses you've already gotten, let me clarify that the First Page Bid Estimate is, yes, as mentioned, just an estimate. It's an estimate of the amount you'd need to bid in order to have your ad eligible to compete for first page SERPs placement most of the time.

Not meeting this bid figure does not necessarily mean your ad will not appear on the first page of the search results (SERPs). It just means your ad won't be able to compete for placement there the majority of the time.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for all of your replies. I really appreciate it!