AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Below Average Expected Clickthrough Rate for all keywords?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All Experts,

I'm working on several campaigns right now. All campaigns are having Below Average Expected Clickthrough Rate for all keywords. I don't know how to increase expected clickthrough rate. I have tried everything. Can you please tell me how to increase Expected Clickthrough Rate because "Below Average Expected Clickthrough Rate" effecting my keyword's quality score. Now all keywords have 4 quality score because of this lowExpected Clickthrough Rate for all keywords.

Looking for your replies. Please help me.

Many Thanks

Mandeep Singh

Re: Below Average Expected Clickthrough Rate for all keywords?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Mandeep,

How exactly have you dedicated these to the keyword? Are you using single keyword ad group? or a Keyword level destination URL, or just one ad in the themed ad group? Please let us know.

A "below average" status means that you might want to consider changing your ad text so that it's more closely related to your top keywords.

Hope this conversation can help - https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Performance-Optimization/Low-expected-clickthrough-rate-but-...

Thanks,
Kaushik

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Kaushik,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm using multiple keywords in one ad-groups. All ad-groups are tightly themed according to keywords. I'm using 2-3 ads in each ad-group.

Thanks

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Mandeep S,

Are you using ad extensions? They can have a positive effect on expected CTR and are now taken into account with regards to QS calculations.

Good Luck

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Clynton,

Yes, I'm using all extensions at campaign & ad-group level as well. Actually when I add a new keyword in any match type it shows keyword's quality score 7-8 but after few hours or a day it decreases to 4 & ended up with Below Average Expected Clickthrough Rate ?

Thanks

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
What match type are your keywords?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Mandeep,

I think it is because of starting quality score, when we add a keyword Google gives Quality Score based on the Quality score of other advertiser. Then it will adjust with your account history. Please give the keywords some time to establish its own quality score.

Please visit - https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Performance-Optimization/Low-expected-clickthrough-rate-but-...

Thanks,
Kaushik

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Clynton,

They are broad modifier match type.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
When I add new keyword it shows 7-8 quality score but after sometime it decrease to 4.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok,

The fact that when you add a Keyword it has a QS of 7/8 tells me one thing. Your competitors have a QS of 8/9 on those keywords. The reason you get that QS is because the original QS is based on other advertisers QS on that keyword and it is then adjusted according to your account history. Seeing as you have low QS keywords in your account it leads me to believe that this original QS calculation is adjusted down.

The next thing that it tells me is that your ads are just not up to scratch when compared to the competitors. I would suggest doing a competitor analysis, studying their ads and adjust yours to try and be better than theirs. They are clearly doing well, and when your ads are paired against theirs you are losing.

I suggest reading this article:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6080580?rd=1

And then looking for other articles about text ad writing and start testing your ads to improve exepected and actual CTR.

Good Luck