4.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Banner Ad is approved but not running

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi We got our banner advert approved but not yet running., it's been 24 hours already for it.
But it hasn't been deducting any money from our budget. our targeting is open in terms of topics. And we're targeting the UAE mainly. and the placements are set to all of you tube network. Is there any reason why our AD is not running although it's approved ??? 

sweden banner Ad screen shot.jpg

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi The Heart of E,

There are many reasons why your ad might not run. You haven't provided enough information about your campaign to provide any specific help.

I can tell you it is usually recommended to include as many size banners in your ad group or campaign as you can. This AdGroup seems to have only one ad 468 x 60. If the web sites you target do not support that size ad, it can't be placed. Make a few more image ads in other sizes. It's usually a good idea to provide text ads as a fallback if the image ads can't be served. I will usually put those text ads in a separate ad group so I can bid lower for them.

Do you have any keywords in your display campaign? If not, add some relevant keywords. Having no keywords in the campaign does not mean it can show on any page. The keywords help Google find appropriate web sites and pages for your ads.

Your bids may be too low. Your image ad takes up about 3 ad units. A single ad unit is the space a regular text ad occupies. You'll need to bid accordingly.

All that said, 24 hours isn't a long time to wait for impressions of a newly approved ad. Some data can be delayed up to 24 hours.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

In addition of what pete said, as you have mentioned that you have added Youtube as a placement and Youtube accept the below banner sizes:

728*90

468*60

450*50

480*70

300*250

250*250

200*200

320*50

So, I would suggest you to add all different types of banners in the campaigns.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pete, Thank you for your feedback. 

We have not set any keywords or interests. as we wanted it to be open to all topics and appear every where. 

So what do you suggest for us to do now ? Do we delete it and redo it with multiple Ads ? is that even allowed in a display network only campaign ? 
The max CPM we chose now is 5 AED which is almost 1 US Dollar . 

" Your image ad takes up about 3 ad units. A single ad unit is the space a regular text ad occupies. You'll need to bid accordingly." Didn't quite get this one ? 
the banner Ad specs are 468 x 60 . Do you mean it's too large that it  takes 3 Ad spaces ?