Guide Me
star_border

Banner ADS or Text ADS - which is better

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Everyone,

I have a few queries concering Google Ads, hope someone will be able to help -

1. Which is better, Banner Ads or Text Ads ?

The No of clicks which I see on Banner Ads are much more than the text Ads. But, I have never seen my banner Ads appearing on any google/ or network sites.

i.e My Banner Ad stats shows the following
Impr : 286,777
Clicks : 348
CTR : 0.12%
Served: 56.06%

as compared to my Text ADS

Impr : 40,446
Clicks : 13
CTR : 0.03%
Served: 7.91%

My Budget is not high - I am spending $10 per day.

At least, the Text ADS I do seldom see on Google search - on the right hand panel. But, Banner ADS I have never seen. Where does Google show Banner Ads - On which site/Network.

I just want to see my Banner AD show up on some site, like I sometimes do see the Text AD.

2. What should I do to make my Text ADS show up more often -

Besides, increasing the daily budget, is there anything else I can do to improve.

I have a lot of Text ADS, maybe in the range of 20-30, but the quality
scrores for each of the keyowrds are quite low - most of the keywords show score of "3/10"

I really don't know what to do to improve the performnce of Keyword search for Text ADS.

Anyone can help in simple terms (Not too techical) - give some tips/ pointers, which is easy to understand and apply.

Thanks all in advance.

Shailender

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Banner ADS or Text ADS - which is better

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Again,

Fist of all keep your search and display network in a seperate campaign. It is highly recommended NOT to use single campaign for both network as both approach audience with a different mindset.

In search Network: We can run only text ads.

In display network: we run text ads, banner ads, video ads, rich media ads etc.

Anchal gave you a good advice of keeping seperate campaign for banner ads and text ads which you should follow.

But the main concern is NETWORK here. 

You should change campaign settings at first place. Please keep seperate campaign for:

-- Search Network: Target either google search only (OR) google search and search partners

-- Display Network_Banner Ads: target display network

-- Display Network_Text Ads : target display network

you are allowed to run text and banner ads in display network. you can test both of them.

I would also suggest you to keep max 2-3 adcopies and pause underperforming adcopies at the moment in terms of ctr & conversions.

Again: Highly suggesting you to seperate your campaign for Search Netwrok & Display Network. You will find these settings under Campaign settings.

Please feel free to ask more questions.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Pika

Welcome to adwords community.

Image ads vs Text ads this choice should depend on what is objective of your campaign, is it clicks? leads? sales? etc. 

Banner ads are mostly used for branding purpose but that doesnt mean they dont give you any conversions. There can be several reasons behind your case. I think you should start with wiki post by pankaj 

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/Image-Ads-Why-should-I-use-them/ta-p/20473 which gives a great insight about the same. 

Hope this helps you

Regards

Nik

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Shailender,

In addition of great advice by Nik i would like to clear few points with you. Can you explain about your adcopy that you are running both image ad and text ad in sam eadgroup??

If you are doing this then first of all I will suggest you to create separte campaign for both kind of ad.

Actually in past i was running my both type of adcopy in same campaign and found thet my image ad served more than text ad. After lots of reasearch i decided to create separte campaign for both so that both type of ad get chance to perfrom.

With this practice you can easily find the placements on which your ads are running and also exclude them if they are not perfroming according to your requirements.

Just a thought!

Thanks
Anchal

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Anchal & Nik,

Thank you both for the valuable advise.

Yes, I am running both the Banner AD as well as the Text AD in the same campaign.

I will give it a try to move the Banner AD to a different campaign as you have suggested.

Thank you.

Shailender

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello Shailender,

Few concerns:

-- Are you targeting single campaign for search and display network?

-- Are you running 20-30 ads in single adgroup?

-- Are you running contextually targeted(Using keywords) campaign in displat network?

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Neha,

Yes, I have only created 1 single campaign for both Banner & Text AD.
So, it should be targeting both for Search & Display Network - I guess.

I will try and split the campaign, as Anchal has advised.

No, it's not 20-30 ADS. I have roughly 4-5 ADS ( all under 1 single campaign). Keywords count is roughly around 20-30.

Should I create multiple campaigns, each targeting a specific AD groups.

Thanks
Shailender

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Again,

Fist of all keep your search and display network in a seperate campaign. It is highly recommended NOT to use single campaign for both network as both approach audience with a different mindset.

In search Network: We can run only text ads.

In display network: we run text ads, banner ads, video ads, rich media ads etc.

Anchal gave you a good advice of keeping seperate campaign for banner ads and text ads which you should follow.

But the main concern is NETWORK here. 

You should change campaign settings at first place. Please keep seperate campaign for:

-- Search Network: Target either google search only (OR) google search and search partners

-- Display Network_Banner Ads: target display network

-- Display Network_Text Ads : target display network

you are allowed to run text and banner ads in display network. you can test both of them.

I would also suggest you to keep max 2-3 adcopies and pause underperforming adcopies at the moment in terms of ctr & conversions.

Again: Highly suggesting you to seperate your campaign for Search Netwrok & Display Network. You will find these settings under Campaign settings.

Please feel free to ask more questions.

Thanks

Neha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Anchal & Neha,

I will try and re-do the campaign set up as per your instructions.
I am totally new to this. At least now I have a little idea - Thank you both.

Shailender

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

WELCOME TO OUR COMMUNITY PIKA!

As per your question:

1. Where does Google show Banner Ads - On which site / Network?

If you are running an automatic placement, Click on the CAMPAIGNS TAB, look for DIMENSIONS TAB and select AUTOMATIC PLACEMENTS to see on what websites your BANNER ADS was displayed.

In that way, you can evaluate and check if those are the type of sites which may bring quality traffic & drive conversion as well.

More Power,

Loraine

More Power,
Loraine

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

The bidding on Banner Ads is more competitive compared to Text Ads. If your GOAL is BRANDING and you have a COMPELLING IMAGE, Display Ads is a good avenue. On the other hand, if your goal is direct response  (sale,sign up,) to users who are already interested to your offer, then Text Ads is suitable for you.

But of course, do not limit yourself. Take the risk & run separate campaign.

Smiley Happy We are happy to help you.

More Power,
Loraine