2.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Balance between specific and generic keywords

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Is there any specific percentage to maintain balance between specific and generic keywords in the campaign? We cannnot get 100% right on the queries that will be searched by the user, hence, in this scenario, can we use this percentage criteria to improve the results?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Balance between specific and generic keywords

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I'm afraid in the world of marketing there are no such rules. Everything's specific to you.

Put better: work out what's making you money - and do more of it! That way you'll not need to even look at your competition.

Improving results ALWAYS comes from listening to your customers. Find out where they're going using Google Analytics (and any counter programs you have on board) - and use that instead of any generalized theoretical percentages. You'll find that in a reasonable campaign you'll get sensible answers within a week or two. The most important thing is that these are YOUR customers in YOUR campaign and they're giving you THEIR opinion.

Nothing else counts.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Kapil,

There is no thump rule formula that tells you the exact % of keywords to use match type in your campaigns. You will never get the 100% search terms from your added keywords.

However I would suggest check the Exact match impression and add exact match keyword on the basis of it.

Here you can try to touch 100% exact match impression share with adding Exact match keywords in your campaigns.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497703?hl=en

Also suggest you to run Search Term Report and get the exact match keywords also build the negative keyword list from the search term reports.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472708?hl=en
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey Rakesh,

Thanks for your feedback. I will definitely try to work out the options suggested by you. One more query, do you think exact match is an ideal way to reach out to specific audience?