5.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

BOT or Competitor Running Me Out Of Business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

On my ad I usually get around 250 clicks a day between all of my keywords which is in the hundreds. 

Now that a person in the same company I am in has come along, I'm now getting 700 clicks a day. This started on the 12th of April ( a few days ago ) . It doesn't stop. It runs none stop from midnight - midnight. 

I usually have 100 clicks by noon, and now I'm getting 100 clicks by 6am. These are all invalid clicks. I know for sure they are coming from mobile devices based on the adwords reports. Like right now i got 88 clicks from computers and about 600 clicks from the mobile devices. This is crazy. Again, is it possible some type of virus or robot is doing this because how can one person not sleep for 24 hours every day and click on my ad like this? It cant be possible. 

This is not fair and not my fault. I've been a loyal adwords customer for 2 years. How can i stop this. Blocking IP addresses does not stop it because if they keep switching their ip it keeps going. Someone help. I did notice in the log something about kproxy(dot)com on a few of the web logs but just a few. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: BOT or Competitor Running Me Out Of Business

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Rodney, it's great you analyse these clicks. You can report to Google - https://www.google.com/intl/en_ALL/ads/adtrafficquality/#click-fraud-and-invalid-traffic

Here is older post in this community - https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Performance-Optimization/How-to-Detect-Click-Fraud-with-Go...

Good luck
Tomas

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is clearly a BOT. Sadly i just seached the internet and see it's software out there for people to easily run a bot on your ads. America is truly an evil place, but Google still collects money no matter what. This is pure evil. Blocking IP addresses wont work because i've blocked a bunch all night and its a waste of time. Sadly this has happened to me and i thought it was another advertiser but its not, its a bot. So question is google do you want to stop this bot on my account, or drive me out of business which would make you lose more money in the long run 

Blocking IP addresses is pointless in my situation. From 300 clicks a day to 700 clicks a day of unwanted traffic. I guess i'm done. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I don't know how kproxy works, nevertheless tried you block website kproxy(dot)com https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454012 However now I'm just trying.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
this is 100 % a bot that someone setup on my keywords thats truly what it is. This is not someone clicking on my ad 24 hours a day. Now what is google going to do to stop it? This is so messed up that with all the money invested in technology that this is even a problem .

Its a software out there that all they do is punch in a few buttons and select a few options and this happens to you as a customer. Im so pissed i dont know what to do. Just eating up all of my money and you have to wait a week for a response? It should be quite evident whats going on no human being can do this on there own.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
My web host said this string is the problem Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 9_3_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/601.1.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/9.0 Mobile/13E238 Safari/601.1

Its in the weblog more than likely thats the problem

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager

Hi Rodney,

This sounds like a frustrating situation. Have you contacted the AdWords Support Team to discuss an invalid clicks investigation?

As Tomas pointed out, there are multiple levels of safeguards in place to prevent against invalid clicks, but they do happen. You'll usually see the cost of these invalid clicks refunded in your billing section (clicking on the gear in the top right corner of your account > Billing). But if you don't see what you believe are invalid clicks refunded, you can have the AdWords team investigate them for you, by contacting them here.

Cassie