AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

B2B Consulting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,

I work for a company that provides consulting services to businesses/individuals looking to export from/import to/start a business in a set of countries. Our USP is that we are familiar with the language/culture/etc. and have developed important contacts that make the entire process of registering a business, etc. easier.

The challenge is that most of the search terms (85%) we've identified have very low search volume. We're very sure that these are as close as possible to the search terms our targeted users will be searching on. And we're not too keen on adding loosely related keywords either.

And for the other performing keywords, we have a healthy CTR. However, we do want overall traffic, along with leads to increase.

Given these restrictions, what are the possible things I can do to make this happen. All suggestions are welcome, and will be much appreciated. Also, feel free to let me know if you require any more details.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Leticia I
September 2015

Re: B2B Consulting

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi and Welcome to the AdWords Community!

I have a few suggestions - 

1. Have you tried advertising via the Google Display Network?  Via the Google Display Network you can place your Ads on webpages and websites, such as blogs, forums, etc., that has content that closely relate to your Keywords.  There are other targeting options, but the main benefit of the Display Network is to Reach potential leads when their outside of search. If you're new to Display Advertising, the Getting Started Guide can help.
  2. If you have video content, consider running a YouTube Campaign.  YouTube is a part of the Display Network, but you can also target specific demographics on YouTube and/or target with Keywords.
  3. Optimize for Organic Search.  The Google SEO Starter Guide can help you make sure your site is listed in the organic search results for your Keywords.

Hope this helps you increase your Leads and Traffic!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.  To add to my last post, I thought of three other things for you. While Impressions may be low for your Keywords, you'll want to make sure to maximize the Leads you receive from the traffic that you do get. You can do that via three tactics - 

1. Optimize your content with Google Content Experiments.  This is a free tool offered by Google that lets you A/B and multi-variate test different versions and layouts of your landing pages and your lead generation forms. This can help increase your overall lead conversion rate.
  2. Remarket to previous visitors of your site as they continue searching with Remarketing Lists for Search Ads (RLSA).  As your previous visitors, especially the ones that didn't convert, continue searching modify your bids, ads, and maybe landing pages to bring them back to your site to convert them to leads.
  3. Remarket to your previous visitors on the Google Display Network via Remarketing.  As your previous visitors visit other websites and engage with Apps, consider serving them custom messaging and driving them back to your site to convert them.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

Did you try checking the Auction Insights Report (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2579754?hl=en) in terms of Google Search Network? This doesn't give you complete competitors data, but will definitely give you some sort of benchmark or direction, where you might think about heading towards.

Also did you try running the Keyword Planner and Google Trends to see what all additional keywords or phrases you might be interested in bidding upon in your area of business?

More details about Google Trends can be found here: www.google.com/trends

Find details about using Keyword Planner here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2999770?hl=en

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi and Welcome to the AdWords Community!

I have a few suggestions - 

1. Have you tried advertising via the Google Display Network?  Via the Google Display Network you can place your Ads on webpages and websites, such as blogs, forums, etc., that has content that closely relate to your Keywords.  There are other targeting options, but the main benefit of the Display Network is to Reach potential leads when their outside of search. If you're new to Display Advertising, the Getting Started Guide can help.
  2. If you have video content, consider running a YouTube Campaign.  YouTube is a part of the Display Network, but you can also target specific demographics on YouTube and/or target with Keywords.
  3. Optimize for Organic Search.  The Google SEO Starter Guide can help you make sure your site is listed in the organic search results for your Keywords.

Hope this helps you increase your Leads and Traffic!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.  To add to my last post, I thought of three other things for you. While Impressions may be low for your Keywords, you'll want to make sure to maximize the Leads you receive from the traffic that you do get. You can do that via three tactics - 

1. Optimize your content with Google Content Experiments.  This is a free tool offered by Google that lets you A/B and multi-variate test different versions and layouts of your landing pages and your lead generation forms. This can help increase your overall lead conversion rate.
  2. Remarket to previous visitors of your site as they continue searching with Remarketing Lists for Search Ads (RLSA).  As your previous visitors, especially the ones that didn't convert, continue searching modify your bids, ads, and maybe landing pages to bring them back to your site to convert them to leads.
  3. Remarket to your previous visitors on the Google Display Network via Remarketing.  As your previous visitors visit other websites and engage with Apps, consider serving them custom messaging and driving them back to your site to convert them.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

Did you try checking the Auction Insights Report (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2579754?hl=en) in terms of Google Search Network? This doesn't give you complete competitors data, but will definitely give you some sort of benchmark or direction, where you might think about heading towards.

Also did you try running the Keyword Planner and Google Trends to see what all additional keywords or phrases you might be interested in bidding upon in your area of business?

More details about Google Trends can be found here: www.google.com/trends

Find details about using Keyword Planner here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2999770?hl=en

Pankaj

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Leticia,

In addition to the excellent suggestions from Brian and Pankaj, I'm interested to hear what match types you are currently using? You could possibly branch out into modified broad, if you aren't using that already.

I would suggest taking a look at keyword research tool, as well, as Pankaj mentioned and then also consider exploring competitive research tools such as Keyword Spy or Spyfu to see what your competitors are bidding on.

It sounds like you are operating in a niche market, so it makes sense that the keyword volume could be fairly low. It would probably be beneficial to take advantage of some of the display/remarketing tactics that Brian mentioned.

Good luck!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for all the suggestions Brian, Pankaj and Amy! I will try them to see how they can help us achieve our targets.

Amy, to answer your question, we primarily use modified broad match.

Thanks!