AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Avoiding remarketing to non converting visitors from remarketing ad

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a way to avoid remarketing to visitors that didn't convert after coming to site a second time from a remarketing ad. I've searched online as well as played with google analytics and adwords and didn't see such a possibility, however that's not to say it doesn't exist. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October 2015

Re: Avoiding remarketing to non converting visitors from remarketing a

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Andre
Yes, this is indeed possible in both AdWords and GA. In AdWords, you need to combine 3 lists quite creatively. I would do this in GA though. All you need to do is to create a list/audience using a custom segment of sessions greater than 2 and goal or transactions less than 1.Then just add that list/audience as a negative targeting in your adgroup.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Andre
Yes, this is indeed possible in both AdWords and GA. In AdWords, you need to combine 3 lists quite creatively. I would do this in GA though. All you need to do is to create a list/audience using a custom segment of sessions greater than 2 and goal or transactions less than 1.Then just add that list/audience as a negative targeting in your adgroup.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Andre, how are things?

Yes, it is possible to filter visitors that didn't convert and so many other things.

You will have to create Remarketing Lists and combine them to create a new list that suits your needs. For example, if you're an e-commerce website, you can exclude people that already converted from all the other, giving you only people that haven't convert on your website.

You just have to create and combine list to create your desired behavior.

Take a look here, this page may help:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454064?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Leandro Martinez

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click