Guide Me
star_border

Avoid similar campaigns competition

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

Would like to get an expert advice from members please Smiley Happy

We'll be running 2 campaigns for 2 very similar SMBs (auto repairs). Obviously 2 different AdWords accounts, but very similar campaigns with practically identical services to advertise, because both have very regular set of auto repair things to do, such as transmission repair, engine repair, etc. etc. And what is also important, these 2 locations are located 0.5 from each other, i.e. we'll be targeting same geographical location.

What I'm afraid of, these two accounts/campaigns will compete with each other for the position and therefore click costs will always be close to the max manual bid we set. Am I right and is there a way to avoid that?

Thank you!

D

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Avoid similar campaigns competition

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dmitry,

There is no way to avoid that, and unfortunately this is a clear cut case of conflict of interest. Your accounts will be competing with one another, and there is no way to avoid that unless you target different users all together, which in this case would not be in the best interest of either client. I know that's not what you were hoping to hear so apologies.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dmitry P
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Dmitry,

I agree with Clynton, Let's see in this way- if you are running only one client accounts ads and other advertiser runs your second client account. Is this time you can avoid to compete the ads each other. The ans is NO.

At least you know what keywords perform well in one account and you can use same keywords strategy in different account.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dmitry P

I have a suggestion here, since both of your clients are having same business, you can divide the keywords in to two sets and target one set in Client 1 account and rest in Client 2 account. You should be careful while deciding the sets of keywords, because there may be chances that a set of keywords will get more impressions than the other, so decide wisely which keywords should be placed in both the set so that both the sets of keywords get good number of impressions. This will help you to lower the cost for both the clients as the keywords will not compete with each other thus resulting in happy experience for them while doing business with you.

Abhishek