5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Avg. imp. freg. per cookie

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

My  Avg. imp. freg. per cookie is 62.5 for last 30 days, Should i make frequency capping .

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Avg. imp. freg. per cookie

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Jeewan G,

To be honest there is not universal answer to what the ideal frequency your online ad should be.

It's been for ages that PPC expert are talking about the “Rule of 3”, which they believe 3 exposures are required before a user takes action or remembers a brand. On the other side, they agree on any ads more than 3-4 exposure per day are way too destructive to the brand's impression on users.

So there always have two group which are "Less is more" who believes a strong and effective effect could be initiated via tight frequency capping and "More is More" who seen great performance when capping in not employed to generate more bigger wider brand awareness.

A 2012 research by Dynamic Logic and DoubleClick called “Better Brand Engagement with Display Advertising” points to the fact that users who were exposed to more than 2 impressions per day had stronger brand recall than users who had more limited exposure: 

chart.png

(The Research and Chart is excerpted from http://www.gearylsf.com/)

For your case I suggest you need to test different frequency capping, every case has its own uniqueness after all. You can start with the insight given from the chart above.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Jason

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Jason Zhang;

We  adhere to content provided or endorsed by Google for 2 reasons:

1. Keeping the community  as a professional arena and avoiding any "infomercial" / promotional content;
  2. And mainly; Because we can verify the accuracy of the content (and correct if necessary) and update it if there are changes.
  3. Though the figures you posted by the agency could be accurate, and relevant  the best would be to find a  source / content about the topic by  Google.

In Any case, please remove the link to the agency website. 

Thank you;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @MosheTLV,

Thanks for your suggestion.

It was funny that I just received an email alert by @Buzzb saying I haven't followed the rule of marking the paragraphs I pasted as EXCERPT. He emphasizes anything not original by me need to give a link - So that's how I paid great attention to this matter by doing so. (Please suggest how can I remove the agency website without violating the plagiarism rule)

And personally I'm not saying the content is Google-officially accurate. In fact, in my answer I have specified in the first paragraph that "To be honest there is not universal answer to what the ideal frequency your online ad should be." Generally the content is for reference. Anyone has different options can give their ideas below - that's what a democratic community should be.

In addition, for your 3rd question, I can't find any case study by Adwords official sources. If you happen to have any interesting and valuable resources, please share with us all together so we can learn and thrive accordingly.

Hope my words make senses.

Thanks,

Jason

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Jason Zhang;

I think what @Buzzb was referring to content posted on the community or other external sources endorsed  or owned by Google.

Having said that, since you are saying you have not found another source on the topic - then, I agree, and I would leave your post as is,  but would add  that you have not found a source by Google or any confirmation from Google.

PS: We also sometimes get information from Google, which is not documented, but Google allows to disclose. Then we note  that this information is provided in a conference or through  other communication channels.(e.g. Partners communities, the "back end" of this community, etc...)

Thanks;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’