5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Avg. Cpc in the historical statistics in Keyword Planner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I clicked the "?" button on the Avg. Cpc column in the historical statistics view in Keyword Planner, and read

"What it is: Average cost-per-click (Avg. CPC) is calculated by taking the average of the keyword's bids across all ad positions for the location and Search Network settings you've selected. The amount is only an average, and your actual cost-per-click bid may vary. "

Does it mean the values are in fact the average of bids, not of actual CPCs? I am a bit confused.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Avg. Cpc in the historical statistics in Keyword Planner

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager
Apologies for the confusion. It is indeed an average of the actual CPCs and not the bids. I'll let the team know. Thanks for sharing!

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hmm...This is really strange ...Google did change from "Approx CPC" to Average CPC (of bids)

>>This column has been replaced by the "Avg. CPC" column. You'll get more accurate data in the average cost-per-click column than you did in the approximate cost-per-click column.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3141229

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager
Apologies for the confusion. It is indeed an average of the actual CPCs and not the bids. I'll let the team know. Thanks for sharing!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Ohh..Coco; ( @CocoP ); Thanks! This is an important piece of info (that there was no change in the definition of this column)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’