Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Avg Ad Positions is 0 for almost all keywords

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

For almost all keywords avg. ad position is showing 0 on Adwords a/c, while the keywords QS is very good even 10/10, to 7/10. For keywords bid price is also good. Please suggest me how could I improve my ad position. I'am panic now. Smiley Sad

Anand Vishwakarma
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Avg Ad Positions is 0 for almost all keywords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

I think what you are trying to say is that your keywords are not receiving impressions and due to that there is no average position assigned to your keywords. Let us know if that's not the case.

Based on the statement I mentioned above, I would ask you to first hover mouse over the speech bubble of individual keyword and see what message are you getting? Does it say ads are running or not?

Are the keywords you are talking about have status eligible or Low Search Volume?

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes Pankaj, keywords are not receiving impressions and due to that there is no average position assigned to your keywords. Bubble shows a message "Your keyword isn't triggering ads to appear on Google right now due to a low Ad Rank. Ads are ranked based on your bid and Quality Score." And the keywords I am using have good search volume and eligible.

Please suggest me, what should I do. Please accept my request on G+.

Anand Vishwakarma

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again,

This looks to be an issue with the ad rank. Few things which you can look for is:-

1. Try to increase the max. bid of your keywords and then analyze whether you get some weightage or not. I am saying this because you said in your prior post that Quality Score is good.

2. Look for other variations of your keywords and see if it makes any difference or not.

3. Experiment with different match type keywords. Try to push the traffic using phrase matches and broad modifiers.

4. In case you are using majority of Broad match keywords, I would advice you to reconsider that. This is because generally you get a low ad rank with broad matches (of course exceptions are there.)

5. I would also encourage you to read this excellent article for more optimization strategies.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Pankaj. Will work on your suggestions. Hope It works. Smiley Happy

Anand Vishwakarma

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
You are most welcome Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I actually had this same problem but it was related to geographic targeting.  For some of my keywords I was targeting very narrow geographic regions so there were apparently no impressions for those areas for the specific keywors I was using.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Joe