Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Average spot low

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi hi have set my budget to R1000.00 per day and only the best keyword set at R100 but the ad just get in the prime spot for about an hour then the daily budget is used up or i cant even see my ad any where.

Could some one give me advise

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Average spot low

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Action2007,

That how adword works! You set your daily budget limit & keywords bids & according to that your ads being shown on google. If you daily budget is 1000, monthly it comes as 1000*30.4 and Google only spend 20% extra from your monthy budget.

Your keyword bid is 100 & budget per day is 1000 which means rougly 10-11 clicks and budget finish.

I would advice you to check search query & find out if your ads are being shown on right queries, from SQR you will get to know if you are targeting the right audience. Rs 100 bid is expensive as per my opinion. Add negative keywords and try to maintain relevancy between keywords and search queries for each adgroup. Also lookinto Impression Share Metrics for each adgroup and work on that.

If queries are fine and keywords are expensive, you need to raise budget in order to get more clicks.

My Opinion.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi action 2007,

Neha is almost right about the monthly spend. AdWords will over-deliver up to 20% daily, but them monthly spend will not go over your daily budget multiplied by 30.4.

The thing is, if your clicks are costing R100, and your daily budget is R1000, you will only get, at the most, 10 to 12 clicks per day (20% overdelivery). And your ads will stop running after that. It often turns out your ads will stop running even before your daily budget has been used up when the max bid is a significant portion of the daily budget, or when your bid is higher than the remaining available daily budget.

You can change the delivery method to "Standard: Show ads evenly over time" instead of "Accelerated: Show ads more quickly until budget is reached", which will cause your ad to show for most of the day.

Or you can raise your daily budget.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Action2007,

That how adword works! You set your daily budget limit & keywords bids & according to that your ads being shown on google. If you daily budget is 1000, monthly it comes as 1000*30.4 and Google only spend 20% extra from your monthy budget.

Your keyword bid is 100 & budget per day is 1000 which means rougly 10-11 clicks and budget finish.

I would advice you to check search query & find out if your ads are being shown on right queries, from SQR you will get to know if you are targeting the right audience. Rs 100 bid is expensive as per my opinion. Add negative keywords and try to maintain relevancy between keywords and search queries for each adgroup. Also lookinto Impression Share Metrics for each adgroup and work on that.

If queries are fine and keywords are expensive, you need to raise budget in order to get more clicks.

My Opinion.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi action 2007,

Neha is almost right about the monthly spend. AdWords will over-deliver up to 20% daily, but them monthly spend will not go over your daily budget multiplied by 30.4.

The thing is, if your clicks are costing R100, and your daily budget is R1000, you will only get, at the most, 10 to 12 clicks per day (20% overdelivery). And your ads will stop running after that. It often turns out your ads will stop running even before your daily budget has been used up when the max bid is a significant portion of the daily budget, or when your bid is higher than the remaining available daily budget.

You can change the delivery method to "Standard: Show ads evenly over time" instead of "Accelerated: Show ads more quickly until budget is reached", which will cause your ad to show for most of the day.

Or you can raise your daily budget.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords