AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Average of 120 clicks/day, but zero on Aug 11 - why?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

My account has been getting about 120 clicks per day across 3 campaigns. On Aug. 11, it had only 5 impressions and zero clicks. I hadn't changed or paused any settings. On Aug. 12, clicks were back to previous levels. How do I find out what happened on Aug. 11?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author onbeta
September 2015

Re: Average of 120 clicks/day, but zero on Aug 11 - why?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey OnBeta,

If you are handling a client's account then there might be chances that client has not opted for the automatic payments and there might be chances the budget was over and next day the made the payment. So, you can check the same under Billing tab.

Or if your billing is fine then you must refer to change history under tools if someone has made any changes to the account i.e. pausing the campaigns for some period, or pausing the ads etc...

I think these 2 things will help you to know the sudden drop in clicks.

Regards,
Rupesh

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi onbeta,

off the top of my head I can think of a number of reasons this could have happened.

I would suggest first looking at your change history and making sure that nothing happened there. Also look into how you set your budgets up, your budget may have expired for this period and then your next budget order came into effect the next day.

A few more details may help to narrow the reason down, for example are those the only 3 campaigns you are running? If not, what is the relationship between those 3 campaigns is there a connection between them (perhaps they are the only ones to target a certain city).

Let me know if you find the reason, if not please provide some additional information so that the community is able to suggest more relevant possibilities.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey OnBeta,

If you are handling a client's account then there might be chances that client has not opted for the automatic payments and there might be chances the budget was over and next day the made the payment. So, you can check the same under Billing tab.

Or if your billing is fine then you must refer to change history under tools if someone has made any changes to the account i.e. pausing the campaigns for some period, or pausing the ads etc...

I think these 2 things will help you to know the sudden drop in clicks.

Regards,
Rupesh
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi onbeta,

off the top of my head I can think of a number of reasons this could have happened.

I would suggest first looking at your change history and making sure that nothing happened there. Also look into how you set your budgets up, your budget may have expired for this period and then your next budget order came into effect the next day.

A few more details may help to narrow the reason down, for example are those the only 3 campaigns you are running? If not, what is the relationship between those 3 campaigns is there a connection between them (perhaps they are the only ones to target a certain city).

Let me know if you find the reason, if not please provide some additional information so that the community is able to suggest more relevant possibilities.

Hope this helps

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Rupesh, Clynton, thank you. As you both said, it was the budget. There was no change activity and no other campaigns were running. I asked the client and he said his credit card had been declined. So that was the reason.

Thanks again for your quick replies!