AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Automatic targeting by countries, timezones, and time of day?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Does Google automatically measure and optimize a campaign to show it more for some specific territories and/or some specific timezones and/or specific time of day?

Not all customers are equal. Customers from some territories may be better than from others, this also applies to timezones and for time which the ad is shown.

I could possibly consider targeting only to specific countries, but my knowledge of geography is too weak for me to target to specific territories. Also I do not want to ban some countries completely, but just made stress on countries with higher CTR.

Does Google support such features?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Automatic targeting by countries, timezones, and time of day?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Victor, how are things?

@Victor P wrote:

Does Google automatically measure and optimize a campaign to show it more for some specific territories and/or some specific timezones and/or specific time of day?

It does SOME automation, but not as deep as many think. Google will try to follow the bid strategy set on your campaigns settings (More clicks, more conversions, etc). So if you have multiple countries together in one campaign, Google will definitely give more attention for the one with high demand if you have the bidding strategy set for the higher amount of clicks, for example.

@Victor P wrote:

Not all customers are equal. Customers from some territories may be better than from others, this also applies to timezones and for time which the ad is shown.

I could possibly consider targeting only to specific countries, but my knowledge of geography is too weak for me to target to specific territories. Also I do not want to ban some countries completely, but just made stress on countries with higher CTR.

Since each country have different culture and different user behavior, it's highly recommended that you create one campaign for each country, this is one of the Google best practices. This will not only give power to talk directly to each country, but you will be able to explore it's local culture, it's language, it's unique words that might be used there and not on the other country, and specially, control of your budget and bidding.

You'll probably think that creating one campaign for each country might be hard work, and you're probably right, but I can tell and since it's a best practice, it's definitely worth it.

Hope this helps.

_

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Building on @leandrofm's great answer, here are some links that may be useful to you:

AdWords Enhanced CPCs

AdWords Automated Bidding

I would also add that best success and performance is seen in AdWords with a good optimization plan, and spending time to dig into the details and discovering what is working well for your Account, and what isn't and leading to inefficient spend.  The Dimensions Tab can be a great place for digging into your Account and discovering insights that will help with your optimization.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
It's also worth mentioning that using either the copy/paste function in the Adwords interface, or using AdWords Editor, duplicating campaigns and then adjusting the settings for geo targeting, language and schedule is not that daunting a task.