Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Automatic bidding not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello guys,

I have set Target Search Page Location automatic bidding yesterday. It worked well and had great results. I had too much job this morning I have set up the Bid adjustment to 0% since I had too much work. Now, I've set it back up to 40% and noticed my CPC hasn't changed in my campaigns. I tried to set up manually the CPC and put it back on automatic bidding but it's still not working. My automatic bidding isn't changing my CPC on my keywords in all my campaigns. I waited 30-40 minutes to see if it would change something and still nothing?

I need help because Target Search page location automatic bidding was working well for me.

All yours,

Bruno

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bruno Q
July 2016

Re: Automatic bidding not working

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Bruno,

This support page gives a pretty good summary https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6268611?hl=en. More than likely your bid adjustment is going through yet AdWords is still controlling that CPC throughout the day and you may not be able to see these changes live. AdWords is also still using QS and competition to make bids and the time period may be too competitive for your ad at that time. Give your campaign a moment without making changes and see if the settings will adjust. Each change you make can lengthen the time it takes to start back up again.

-Jordan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Jordan,

Okay. I'll give it some time and relax myself. It is actually working for my others campaigns. Also; when I change the adjustment %, it's always coming back in learning mode. Is this a problem for me? What is the advantage to keeping the same % and let google do his 1 day learning mode go over?

Thanks for your quick answer my friend!

Regards,
Bruno

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I just noticed some of my keywords MAX CPC has been automatically changed by google. However, I had set a maximum of 5$ CPC manually for all keywords. Some are below 5$ but none is going more than 5$ and they should be. My maximum bid in the Strategic automatic bidding section is 8$. Again I need to give it some time?

Thanks,
Bruno

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Learning mode should not be a problem. If you have manually changed CPCs to $5.00 even though the top-level bid is $8, then your bids will still cap out at $5. You may reconsider changing your keyword bids to let the overall strategy dictate by removing keyword-level bids.

-Jordan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Jordan,

Is there an option to say to google: put the maximum bid with the setting that is in the automatic bidding settings?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Bruno, no there is not any option for this.