2.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Automatic Rules for ad groups

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi all I would like to pause some of ad groups in different campaigns in same account at particular hours. For all those ad groups I have assigned label and created rules to pause the ad groups within that label at particular hour

below is my rule criteria

Automatic action: Paused ad groups

Requirements: labels; Contains all - select the label

frequency as daily 6am using data from previous day is it correct or I can use using data from Same day?

Please help me.

Thanks,

Satya

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author satyasem
September 2015

Re: Automatic Rules for ad groups

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Satya,

1. you should use  using data from "today" and not yesterday, if you use "yesterday" and if you have added some new adgroups today then the rule wont be applied to new additions.

2. Along with this rule to pause you should also have a rule to make it live or your adgroups will remain paused for ever. As you have created rule to pause adgroups at 6 AM and you want to make them live again at 10 AM then create a similar rule to make them live and schedule it for 10 AM.

3. Also make sure that the timezone which you have in your account matches your actual timezone.

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Nik,

Thanks for quick trunaround.

Yes, as you said I have created one more rule to make the ad groups live. One more question, what if i dont want to include any new ad group for that label then there is no problem with my current approach right?

Thanks,
Satya

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Nik,

again one more doubt, as you said "if you use "yesterday" and if you have added some new adgroups today then the rule wont be applied to new additions"

ex: I have assigned 20 ad group for a label and ran the automatic rule to pause at particular hour by using data from Yesterday and i have added 5 more ad groups to that label so the rule wont work for newly added 5 ad groups on that day or ever...because rule will verify my condition and yesterday the new ad groups are not there in particular label then it will not work for next day but is it will work after that?

again it will verify with yesterday now the new ad groups will there in my label so the rule will work? or it wont work?

Please explain the condition.

Regards, Satya

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni
HI
Lets take an example
on 1st of june you had 20 adgroups
on 2nd of june you added 5 adgroups
your rule ran on "yesterday" condition 2nd of june will only work for 20 adgroups which were present on 1st of june. But if its scheduled and runs again on 3rd of june then it will be applied on all 25 adgroups.
Basically it will be applied to all adgroups which were available today - 1 day
Regards
Nik
Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog