5.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Automatic Placements Report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to consolidate my automatic placement report within MS Excel.  The report covers all campaigns within a single account.  I would like to have the data for website X to be merged with every other instance in which website X came up regardless of ad group or campaign.  For Example:

What I have now....

Website:                    Clicks:                 Cost:                 Campaign:
youtube.com                  5                       $1.25                 Campaign 2

example.com                 4                       $1.00                 Campaign 1

youtube.com                  2                       $0.50                 Campaign 3

test.com                        1                       $0.25                 Campaign 4 

What I want...

youtube.com                  7                       $1.75

example.com                 4                       $1.00 

test.com                        1                       $0.25

I know this is more of an excel based question but I wanted to consult the community to see if anyone has a fast way to do this.  I'm already using the subtotal function within excel to view my data collectively along with using filters.  Getting this solution could help save me a ton of time.  I'm doing this to find the worst sites, a.k.a. adsense scammers, regardless of ad group/campaign.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Whyild
September 2015

Re: Automatic Placements Report

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't know much about Excel or spreadsheets. What I do know is that they are not the right tool for the job, or at least, there are better tools. They are called databases. I know most people know Excel and for most purposes, is just fine, but many use it as a pseudo-database for which it just isn't cut out for.

Maybe someone has a solution for Excel to do what you want. Is there some sort of group by command in Excel? That's what I'd use in a database using SQL. Maybe the solution is VBA. Sorry can't help you further but being a database guy, I suggest using one, especially if you will be doing a lot of this sort of thing.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Whyild
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't know much about Excel or spreadsheets. What I do know is that they are not the right tool for the job, or at least, there are better tools. They are called databases. I know most people know Excel and for most purposes, is just fine, but many use it as a pseudo-database for which it just isn't cut out for.

Maybe someone has a solution for Excel to do what you want. Is there some sort of group by command in Excel? That's what I'd use in a database using SQL. Maybe the solution is VBA. Sorry can't help you further but being a database guy, I suggest using one, especially if you will be doing a lot of this sort of thing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I actually found what I was looking for. This is an already generated for you in the dimensions tab under the automatic placements section. It segments the clicks, impressions, ect. from all campaigns for the individual domain. Helps me find/block all the AdSense scammers!