Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Automated rules: Pause ad groups when?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Experts,

I need little help me understanding as I am getting 2 different answers that is confusing me.

So, I have one campaign which the budget of Rs 1000 and there are 2 ad groups.

I want to share budget ad group 1 Rs 800 & ad group 2 Rs 200 per day.

What I did is selected automated rule:

screenshot-adwords.google.com 2015-06-11 17-47-41.png

I hope above setting is right.

So, my question is when ad group pause today when reach to spending amount, will it re-enable automatically on next day or I have to do it manually?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mansoor S
September 2015

Re: Automated rules: Pause ad groups when?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Mansoor S

It will not re-enable automatically, you can create another rule to re-enable it. Just change the hour to the time when you want to re-enable it and change "using data from" setting to previous day.

Abhishek

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
How to change from hour to time when there is no option for it. Can you explain in some detail?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

I was saying to change the "14"(see in your screenshot) in the hour drop down setting to your desired hour for re-enabling the adgroup, like you can change it 00 or 01 for re-enabling the adgroup just after the starting of a new day.

Hope you get it....!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok thanks

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Mansoor S

Is the RS 1000 spend per day or per month?  Either way, the rule you've shown isn't going to give you ideal results (though it'll be worse if it's per month than per day) because it'll stop showing Ads altogether once one (or the other) Ad Group reaches their target.  A better approach might be to use a Script that examines the Ad Group spend every hour and then pauses one or the other, re-enabling each hour, so that they have an 80/20 split on spend.  So, for example:

Hour    AdG 1 Spend   AdG 2 Spend

1         100                 5

2          Paused          25

3          150                40

4          180                Paused

5          300                60

and so on.

Of course, I should really add that if you need to control spend, ideally you should be doing this by having separate Campaigns, but I presume you have a good reason for not doing this...

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Jon,

Thanks for writing. It was per day budget which is given as a example. It seems to be working when I create pause and enable rules. But still would like to know if there is any script for same.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, I'd like to jump in this discussion. I can never seem to get the 'Pause Campaign' automated rule to work? I'm selecting Apply to 'All but removed campaigns' .. cost > than $x / Frequency Daily 9am using data from Previous Day.

If I have 10 campaigns, does this technically only mean if that budget is reached in 1 of the 10 campaigns it will pause?

I'm looking for a solution where when the total sum of ALL my campaigns is reached all campaigns pause. How can I accomplish this??