AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Automated rules - How would I apply this specific condition?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to have a rule that says..

for every keyword that receives 1 conv or greater, I want the to automatically bid high enough to be between Xth and Yth position on top...

I tried bid 10% but that seems not work very well as the CPC bid on marketplace changes more rapidly than the system applying the rules daily...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Hi Taewoo,   Please be careful with Automated Rules and k...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Taewoo,

Please be careful with Automated Rules and keep an eye on them, if not set up properly, they can do some crazy things to your account, especially when raising bids.

For what you requested here is one option to bid higher when the position falls or is below where you'd like and has at least one conversion.

From Keywords tab click Automate.

You can currently only raise bid by dollar amount or percentage so set that how you'd like.

Then add two 'Requirements':

First:   'Avg.Position'  'worse than'  5 (set the baseline for the lowest acceptable position for you).

Second:   'Conversions' > 1

Be careful with your Frequency and Data Range as these drive when and how often your rules run.  Shorter Data ranges may trigger a rule like this quite often if no conversions are happening daily (For instance). 

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

thanks.. but is there a way to say bid X% less than the t...

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks.. but is there a way to say bid X% less than the top position bid?

Hi taewoo, You can try the 'increase keyword bids to top...

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi taewoo,

You can try the 'increase keyword bids to top of page CPC' option but I think that is as close as you're going to be able to get. I'm unaware of a 'Percentage of Top Bid' option in the automated rules choices.

-Tom
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’