AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Automated bid increase question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello comunity!

My "problem" sound like this: I'm trying to do affiliate marketing using google adwords. Not big deal because I'm a newbie but seems to be pretty nice.

I found a keyword that I'm bidding on and another person is bidding on that keyword too (we both are using the same link destination) and there is a "war" between us. Every time when I set my CPC higher, my ads are displayed and every time when he set a higher bid, my ads are not displayed.

My question is that: is there any way to let adowrds increase my max bid with 10% for example every time when my ads are not displayed?

Thank you!

Re: Automated bid increase question

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

If by "every time when my ads are not displayed" you mean having a situation like "bellow the first page bid" or "bellow top of page bid" , yes you can use a Flexible Bid Strategy to "Target search page location" as described here : link

As a personal observation : bidding wars are counter productive, the ROI decreases until it can become negative ( you end up having not profit ).

Also in this situation you are splitting the Impression Share. This is a metric you should learn about and check it often : link to impression share .

My personal opinion is that your aim should be increasing CTR not bidding :   A way to improve your situation is to create many Ads until some of them receive more clicks than the competitor ( an Ad has a higher CTR) . By receiving more clicks you can get a higher QS for that keyword until you reach a QS of 10/10. Please not that in some situations increasing QS is not possible at all.

What is your current QS ?

Are you using extensions like : sitelinks with descriptions, call extensions, location extensions ?